The frequent flyers that flew too much... Unlimited AAirpass

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
I had no idea about the existence of the unlimited AAirpass....

Interesting story from the LA Times...

In the 2009 film "Up in the Air," the loyal American business traveler played by George Clooney was showered with attention after attaining 10 million frequent flier miles.

Rothstein and Vroom were not impressed.

"I can't even remember when I cracked 10 million," said Vroom, 67, a big, amiable Texan, who at last count had logged nearly four times as many. Rothstein, 61, has notched more than 30 million miles.

Randy

Super Moderator
I'm doing it the old fashioned way...My butt in a seat, I'll hit 2 million on AA next year and Platinum for life (already Gold for life).

How fast did I do it?

I got my AA Advantage number in June 2002, so I've been averaging 180,000 a year or so for 10 years. Almost all of it in the lower 48

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
I'm doing it the old fashioned way...My butt in a seat, I'll hit 2 million on AA next year and Platinum for life (already Gold for life).

How fast did I do it?

I got my AA Advantage number in June 2002, so I've been averaging 180,000 a year or so for 10 years. Almost all of it in the lower 48
Wow! In my whole 40+ years of commercial flying, I only exceeded 100,000 miles in one of those forty years. Same year I put on 100,000 road miles. I swore I'd never do it again and I didn't. Worse - about 50 days that year, I didn't get to sleep in a bed, stuck in an airport by weather or on the road with no vacancy in one town and too tired to drive to the next.

T

tomvehoski

I'm just shy of a million with Delta (and Northwest), and don't really care if I ever hit it or not. Job changes in 2009 resulted in much less travel. I thought I would miss it, but I don't. The TSA and everything else about air travel resulted in me not wanting to travel even for leisure.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
From what I see you only need 25,000 for gold status.
I need on Lufthansa 100,000 for Gold. the next level is 600,000 in 2 years!

In the last 16 months I have 345,000

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource

How fast did I do it?

Still a ways behind you. I think about a million 2 or 3.

For those that do not know, that is why Randy (and me) are lifetime Gold.

Now, if I win the Megas, I will try to buy one, and also try to buy a lifetime Admirals Club.

But the chances of that...........

Randy

Super Moderator
As I type I'm at the Terminal "D" Admirals club having already earned about 300 miles today with another 1,000+ or so during lunch on the plane...Parmesian chicken I think (Upgrades are so worrisome).

Low airmile week for me this week, only about 3,000 mles give or take.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
Randy, I feel your pain. Currently in Guangzhou, in the Crowne Club (I am Platinum with HI).

But I am sure you feel my pain too, my friend!

Top Bottom