Samples of Quality Objectives & Policy for a Construction Company.

S

se123

Dear All,

Would appreciate if you could furnish me with some samples of quality objectives and policy for a construction company.

Our customer asked for a detailed and practical samples as what we given is not sufficient.

Many thanks.

Cheers.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Quality Objectives & Policy

Dear All,

Would appreciate if you could furnish me with some samples of quality objectives and policy for a construction company.

Our customer asked for a detailed and practical samples as what we given is not sufficient.

Many thanks.

Cheers.

Are you willing/able to post some of your current examples of policy and objectives without revealing your company's name?

What was it that your customer judged: "not sufficient?"

Stijloor.

S

se123

Here is the reply from the customer;

Thank you for the sample attached for Quality Objectives and Policy but however, we had this sample already as provided in the 1st workshop. What we require is a more detailed or practical samples for our reference in adopting the most appropriate one in drafting our Quality Policy and objectives.

Attached the samples for your review. Please advise.

Attachments

• COMPANY OBJECTIVES.doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 4,719
  • COMPANY POLICY.doc
    27 KB · Views: 1,961

Anerol C

Trusted Information Resource
Hi! I need your advice.....

Do I need to remove the safety word from this quality policy? Top management is convinced that they care about customer safety but registrar recently revised our documentation and citied that safety is not a quality objective; Does safety need to be removed?

"In ABC Co. we are committed to deliver products and services of the highest quality in order to guarantee the safety and the total satisfaction of our customers throught the continual improvement of our system."

The policy has been posted in the areas, so the less to change it the better.
Please advice!!!:bonk:

AC

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator

Here is the reply from the customer;

Thank you for the sample attached for Quality Objectives and Policy but however, we had this sample already as provided in the 1st workshop. What we require is a more detailed or practical samples for our reference in adopting the most appropriate one in drafting our Quality Policy and objectives.

Attached the samples for your review. Please advise.

This could be a language/communication issue, but the way I interpret the customer's reponse is that they want to use your objectives/policy to help develop their own.

I'd tell the Customer that your objectives/policy work for your organization (I'm assuming they do). If you wish to invite them to visit you so that you can demonstrate how the objectives/policy are implemented and applied, that might be helpful...but it does invite the customer onsite and that may cause issues.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Hi! I need your advice.....

Do I need to remove the safety word from this quality policy? Top management is convinced that they care about customer safety but registrar recently revised our documentation and citied that safety is not a quality objective; Does safety need to be removed?

"In ABC Co. we are committed to deliver products and services of the highest quality in order to guarantee the safety and the total satisfaction of our customers throught the continual improvement of our system."

The policy has been posted in the areas, so the less to change it the better.
Please advice!!!:bonk:

AC

Do you need to remove the word "safety"? No.
Is "safety" a quality objective? No.

What problem is it causing to have safety in there?

I suppose one could argue that if the product is not safe and the customer is harmed, odds they will not return...think Customer Satisfaction here.

I suppose one could argue that a "safe" product is one of those customer requires not stated but implied...and I do believe that there is a clause on customer requirements. ;)

Just my opinion.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
but registrar recently revised our documentation and citied that safety is not a quality objective; Does safety need to be removed?
Lorena, please tell the auditor working for the registrar you engaged with, to re-think his/her position. Occupational Health & Safety is outside the scope of ISO 9001 and a QMS but PRODUCT SAFETY is not. The reason ISO 9001 requires a QMS to ensure that product is compliant with statutory and legal requirements is exactly to "ensure" the product is safe. The way I read your quality policy, I see no problem whatsoever with the use of the word safety. There is no reason for you to remove that word, in my opinion.

Randy

Super Moderator
Sidney is correct and I'll add my lttle tid-bit...As long as you place the minimum required information in your policy you can add anything else you want and say it any way you want.

Additionally, your registrar shouldn't be touching your documentation for any reason other than reviewing it against the requirements that must be met.

Don't change squat.:nope:

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Many good advice so far - especially on the minimum content part which if I am not mistaken includes customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. As to the maximum, just look at the thread entitled: How many sentences does your Quality Policy statement contain?

Coming from a country where English is either second or third language, I can understand the rationale of Consultants or CB's if they choose to intervene in such issues. Many business owners set very good and meaningful policies in their mother tongue. Unfortunately, when translated it became not only tongue twisters, mouthfuls but jokes (just surf the net for some laughs if you want).

In the OP's case, it looks alright.

Top Bottom