Keeping Employee Self-Motivation Strong

S

selena15

Hi All
I got a funny conversation this morning: one friend told me that he's seeking of new job while his experience is still small and he just changed job 2 months ago!!!
i've been suprised since he current org is large one and can have real effect on his skills and experience. telling him this, he replied to me that even he's agree with me about the knowledge that he can get there; the working beackground is disappoint him and his motivation has just disappear and he prefer to seek of another job and stop even to get himself involved the project within the org.
my question is
usually the worry of company is to keep employee motivated and have enough tools to do so or at least to try; what about the other side; the employees how to keep their own motivation to work, to improve their knowledge and focus on their target as to increase their skills.
sometimes, even wou change the job, if you had stayed less motivated in the company 1 , it is not sure to see your motivation come back directly when u attend in the company 2 and it can have incident on your progress and result; aren't you agree with me ?

have nice night
Selena

jerry_Malaysia

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi All
I got a funny conversation this morning: one friend told me that he's seeking of new job while his experience is still small and he just changed job 2 months ago!!!
i've been suprised since he current org is large one and can have real effect on his skills and experience. telling him this, he replied to me that even he's agree with me about the knowledge that he can get there; the working beackground is disappoint him and his motivation has just disappear and he prefer to seek of another job and stop even to get himself involved the project within the org.
my question is
usually the worry of company is to keep employee motivated and have enough tools to do so or at least to try; what about the other side; the employees how to keep their own motivation to work, to improve their knowledge and focus on their target as to increase their skills.
sometimes, even wou change the job, if you had stayed less motivated in the company 1 , it is not sure to see your motivation come back directly when u attend in the company 2 and it can have incident on your progress and result; aren't you agree with me ?

have nice night
Selena

Difficult question.
People get motivated for many possible reasons
Some motivated by money (higher wages), some motivated by more challenging work, some motivated by easy work load, some just don't get motivated at all
The best a company can do is, i think, have good reporting system, and a good appraisal system, take care of employee welfare and provide opportunity for career advancement.
I personally get motivated by challenging tasks, so i have never get demotivated. Lucky?

N

naghee

The person might have realised that he does not fit in the crowd..and even when the projects and work is interesting, the motivation disappears. Two months is good enough to realise this.
This is one of the reason, most companies give a 3 to 6 months probationary period, to see it the person fits in to the job or not.

gpainter

Quite Involved in Discussions
Very hard to find a job that suits you and I would guess this person to be young and/or has the means to move on. A benefit for him and the old company. With the current economic environment, it is very difficult to keep anyone motivated!

S

selena15

Hi all
let's check out your feedback

Some motivated by money (higher wages), --- since the present job landscape is all the time more work, to be involved in more project inside the same Cie....the motivated person by money would have one day the feeling that they deserve more and more and may consider their salary under what they want

some motivated by more challenging work, --- the challenger seek finaly of achievement and what is the best result of achievement than recognition from Boss or Cie; it there is lack of these recognition, it would time to move

some motivated by easy work load, --- if they are aware of this and accept it in term of accepte a work with less responsability and for sure cannot exepct or demand more money or higher position, personnaly i know one person which is drive me crazy and confuse me; this person spend her dailyworking just surfing in the internet, on the phone, gossiping; complaining when other ask her about some easy work as make copy or similar stuff; but in the same time requesting loudly for higher position, better salary and responsible position!!!!! honestly i don't get her way to see things.

if we put these points listed above on the scope and take as example, persons which has not yet enough experience, still need to improve their skill or any others situations as this; i assume that they have to be aware that the fact that they need to take change to get more skills and maybe put for a while their claiming in the second step. and from the other hand; the person which have really adding value and potential and deserve to get recognition and encouragement as well from upper manager but see that the only thing that this upper mngt are aware about is her or his potential and intent just to benefit from it without recognition to these person while she's indeed aware of that. in this case, it would be human being that these person refuse to be used and would stop to provide adding value, but in the same time would hinde also her or his progress, maybe with time lose some skills or at least wan't improve them and would find herself one day with less experiences; less adding value
this is why i'm asking how this kind of people can keep their self motivation strong or how to balance their lack of motivation and avoid the risk to lose adding value or experience as persons which can hinde her progress at work

thanks to consider
sel

S

selena15

Hi all

thanks Jennifer for this article , very intersting

As i see relating to my question, if this requirement to keep motivation on workers aren't a goal for management, then the own solution for workers is just move for another job even it will be better benefit to stay at least for while

thanks you once again for the article :)
Sel

S

sixsigmais

This question is very interesting.....
First i have to agree that we need to motivate ourself at the first place but sometime it is also depends on the company. If the company is refuse to develop and never try to "improve" themself, employee sure will feel de-motivated. So, we cant really decide it is right or wrong to make this kind of decision.

Top Bottom