Engineering Drawing Pre-Release/Advance Release Process

C

COM_DC

Does anyone have a Drawing Pre-release/Advance Release system in place they could share with me. Our Engineering department would like to establish a new process in order to be more efficient and timely by enabling BOM release prior ro "formal' release. This will help out the procurement department and program scheduling. Any help would be appreciated.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Does anyone have a Drawing Pre-release/Advance Release system in place they could share with me. Our Engineering department would like to establish a new process in order to be more efficient and timely by enabling BOM release prior ro "formal' release. This will help out the procurement department and program scheduling. Any help would be appreciated.

If a BOM is fit to be used by those people, why not just release it? What do you use now for "formal" release?

C

COM_DC

Our BOMs are on our drawings (not separte). Our formal release system for flight (production) is to fully release with all signatures. We want to come up with a pre-release system that avoids full review/full signature. Just trying to figure out wording for procedure.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Our BOMs are on our drawings (not separte). Our formal release system for flight (production) is to fully release with all signatures. We want to come up with a pre-release system that avoids full review/full signature. Just trying to figure out wording for procedure.

If you've considered the risks inherent in releasing things that aren't ready to be released, all you should have to do is add something to your current procedure to allow for what you want to do. Just make sure that responsibility and authority are defined.

C

COM_DC

I was wanting to see if other companies have this type system and how they implement it. See it there's anything we may be overlooking or may be something we could use.

D

ddunn

One place I worked had the same problem. We solved it by creating and releasing a Planning BOM which was a full indented BOM used planning and purchasing. Most CAD systems will generate a planning BOM.

Top Bottom