What could be the Leadership Strengths of an Organization?

S

samsung

From a business standpoint, if one is asked to explain one's leadership strengths (as an organization) what could be the possible answers to this question.

Thanks in advance.

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
From a business standpoint, if one is asked to explain one's leadership strengths (as an organization) what could be the possible answers to this question.

Thanks in advance.

For instance, I would think to total quality management focused, customer focusing, pursuing excellence, be a leading edge competitor, cost effective, trusting company...

Randy

Super Moderator
Leadership strengths?

Having the ability to actually Lead as opposed to manage

A Leader is someone you'd follow into %ell with nothing but a thimble of water.....

A manager is someone who'll throw you into the fire and then walk on your ashes....

You'll follow a Leader and will be driven by a manager....

S

samsung

For instance, I would think to total quality management focused, customer focusing, pursuing excellence, be a leading edge competitor, cost effective, trusting company...

I was seeking some specific & demonstrable examples of leadership strengths that helps the organization establish itself as a role model which others can emulate or atleast those traits can immensely contribute to strengthen its own sustainability.

If one is to deliver a presentation, what things do you consider should be included/ highlighted.

somashekar

Leader
Admin
I was seeking some specific & demonstrable examples of leadership strengths that helps the organization establish itself as a role model which others can emulate or atleast those traits can immensely contribute to strengthen its own sustainability.

If one is to deliver a presentation, what things do you consider should be included/ highlighted.
Acquisitions and mergers of business units and there by leveraging the strengths of the acquired business units is one of the strengths of an organization. This helps in building a corporate and have under it a varied product porfolio and also spread global with enhanced marketing network strengths and opportunities.
This lets businesses to operate as seperate cost centers and same time share resources like regulatory expertice, Research and development expertice, software support expertice, low cost manufacturing sites and procurement leverage which will add very much to the costing and increase profits.

S

selena15

Hi all

even with late, interesting topic by the way,i have a question about it

to which level do you thing that the leadership may be required within an org to keep this strengths as decided by the management board?

from my point of you, more this culture is implemented deeply, more the strenghts would be maintained

nice night
selena

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin

Great question samsung.

I am reminded of what Colin Powell shared - Colin Powell's Leadership Skills List for Highly Effective Managers

K

kgott

That really is a good question but in my view, the answer lies in things like
the busienss management skills of the leaders.
their ability to pick changes in the market.
the willingess of the busienss leaders to take on the things mentioned above
etc.
willingness to accept ideas from the staff etc
the organsational culture the leadership grows in the company etc.

Part of the answer lies in comparing the busienss models and the approaches to busienss used by a typical command and control type of organsation and a company like Semco from Brazil who most likely, would not have anything to with ISO (any number you like)

hope this helps

S

samsung

Good responses so far and indeed a great source of insight shown by Ajit. Few of the points that I can advocate for are:

1. If the organization is more and more adaptive and swift (agile) to changing business environment/ scenario, it can certainly have a competitive and leadership edge over its competitors. But what's important is the speed with which to react to changes and grab the opportunities. The business environment is governed by many internal or external factors (social, political, legal, economic etc.) that keep changing and there's little that an organization can do to turn them into it's favour but leaders are able to predict the opportunities presented by those adverse conditions and use them for organizational benefits.

2. Learning: Learning is important but more important is what, when and how to learn. Everyone is learning so in a competitive environment leaders learn faster than their competitors and learn only what's important and relevant to their business, to their customers and to their interested parties.

I'm sure more Covers will join us in this discussion.

Thanks.

S

selena15

Hi all

thanks Ajit for the article. actualy for most of the items of his list i've asked my question. and to give a framework to my question, i would say a multinational or at least big organisation and here many thinks to say: as samsung said, all is available to all: learning, get knowledge of leadership skills ..but who will get it right?

is it enough to have the right leader within an organisation if its subordinates which may be in middle management level and so below ( reminder: multinational area) aren't leader themselves ??

which lead me to another question, do you think that the leadership may be cultivated within any kind or organisation, such the hierarchical one ?
i don't believe so, in IMO in such organisation, the manager skills as defined by Randy :) is the rule

selena

Top Bottom