Controls and Preventions are not "OJT", "Ample Supply" & "Supervisor Verification"

C

cavrdave

Would someone please clarify for me. I am being told by a customer that On the Job Training, Ample Supply at Station" and Supervisor Verification are not acceptable for Current Design/Controls Prevention. This is for a tack weld step.

Tack Weld, Setup Machine, Setup Incorrect, Nonconforming Part, Inadequate Training, OJT, Measurement

This is the example for OJT that they don't like

Please forgive me if I missed something or could have place this elsewhere. I'm in a big hurry for any feedback.

Cordially,
David Schneider
QE for Outside Contracts

Last edited by a moderator:
T

t.PoN

Re: Controls and Preventions are not "OJT", "ample supply" & "supervisor verification

can u plz explain it with more details, I'm kinda lost of what are you asking?

but from my understanding, if you are asking:
Does the OJT considered as a Prevention Control?
The answer is:
Prevention Control is intended to reduce risk.
OJT will build competency but doesn't prevent risk.
If you gave a job for an employee who is OJT, Its a risk itself

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: Controls and Preventions are not "OJT", "ample supply" & "supervisor verification

Would someone please clarify for me. I am being told by a customer that On the Job Training, Ample Supply at Station" and Supervisor Verification are not acceptable for Current Design/Controls Prevention. This is for a tack weld step.

Tack Weld, Setup Machine, Setup Incorrect, Nonconforming Part, Inadequate Training, OJT, Measurement

This is the example for OJT that they don't like

Please forgive me if I missed something or could have place this elsewhere. I'm in a big hurry for any feedback.

Cordially,
David Schneider
QE for Outside Contracts

Welcome to the Cove. :bigwave:

It sounds like you're doing a process FMEA (PFMEA) and are concerned about design controls. Is this a DFMEA you're referring to?

C

cavrdave

Re: Controls and Preventions are not "OJT", "Ample Supply" & "Supervisor Verification

My example was not the question with which they have. The example is for the kitting of a large box of parts made up of several layers and boxes. Anyway, here's an example:

I've highlighted the part I'm questioning?

Requirement: Pull Parts from Shelf
Risk/Potential Failure Mode: Parts labeled incorrectly
Potential Effects of Failure: Parts Rejected
Sev: 3
Potential Cause: Inadequate Training
Controls Prevention: Is RETRAIN better than OJT - What's best?
OCC: 2
Controls Detection: Shadowboard, Packaging Instructions
Det: 5

T

t.PoN

Re: Controls and Preventions are not "OJT", "Ample Supply" & "Supervisor Verification

Ok for the example u mentioned:
Train and Evaluate competency.

OJT is understood as still incompetent.

but i would think of all potential causes and prevention

Top Bottom