Suppliers info into my Documents Control (Documents of External Origin)?

Q

QAMTY

Hi all.

A question regarding Control of Documents And Records

In fulfilling 4.2.3 AND 4.2.4

All these documents must be contolled, organized, approved,etc.

E.g. an example of record in my system:

A hardcopy, evidence of a cross checking, must be kept
also a transmittal,etc.

But what it happens with the catalogs, data sheets, pdf
documents that external suppliers send us as part
of our designs?

Should I have control of all these bunch of documents?
Numbering them, archiving, updating new revisions, etc?

What is yor opinion?

Thanks

Ettore

Quite Involved in Discussions

Thanks
Do you think will be useful to do it? If yes, why not control it. ( But leave to control it to the office in charge for doing it and generally for technical office is quite normal to have control of all these bunch of documents, Just writing for example in your procedure when you give prescription for this kinds of external documents. "these bunch of documents have to be controlled by technical office" )

Last edited:
F

foiley

But what it happens with the catalogs, data sheets, pdf
documents that external suppliers send us as part
of our designs?

In my opinion the document ceases to become a document and now becomes a product that you are purchasing (7.4) or design input (7.3.2 d - other requirements essential for design and development).

Instead of controlling the record which is impossible because you lack the loci of control, instead try controlling the supplier.

Look I don't see what you could gain from importing them into your document control unless they are a document with a long life span or specifications don't typically change AND you have a method of recieving updates from the supplier. But you do need to keep records of the design inputs.

Rameshwar25

My following answer is limited to external origin documents.
Maintain a separate list of external origin documents and periodically check the latest revision status of these documents. e.g. if you include any product standard which is applicable on your product, check and keep its latest version. also revise the list of external origin documents whenever a single document contained in the list changes.
if you want, i can send a sample list of ext. origin docs.

regards
rameshwar

K

Ka Pilo

As for the control of externally generated documents, I suggest that only documents of importance to your product from external origin should be controlled. All you need to do is to identify and ditribute to the Addressee or specific area or individual concerned with such document. There should be an authorized approver of external documents to ensure of the latest version prior to use.

Rameshwar25

Pl find attached documents.

Regards
Rameshwar

Attachments

• LIST OF External Origin Document.xlsx
    29 KB · Views: 360
  • External Document Master List.xls
    23.5 KB · Views: 823
Top Bottom