AS9120A Process Effectiveness Assessment Report Forms

B

Big Slim

Will soon be upgrading to AS9120 Rev. A. Along with the 'Turtle Diagrams' I was informed that we must also fill out a Process Effectiveness Assessment Report ( PEAR ) with every internal audit. I basically put whatever info that was in my audit onto this form. My understanding is this form is relevant only to the auditor so he can get a snapshot of the audit without actually reviewing the entire audit. Am I correct on this or should I be looking into a different direction?

AndyN

Moved On
Re: Process Effectiveness Assessment Report

Who told you that a turtle diagram (or anything else) had to be done for internal audits? :mg:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
AS9120 Process Effectiveness Assessment Report Forms

Will soon be upgrading to AS9120 Rev. A. Along with the 'Turtle Diagrams' I was informed that we must also fill out a Process Effectiveness Assessment Report ( PEAR ) with every internal audit. I basically put whatever info that was in my audit onto this form. My understanding is this form is relevant only to the auditor so he can get a snapshot of the audit without actually reviewing the entire audit. Am I correct on this or should I be looking into a different direction?
First of all, turtle diagrams are NOT a requirement. Secondly, the responsibility for the completion of the PEAR forms rests with your CB auditor, not you. S/he might ask you to assist with the completion of some paperwork, but, let's be clear: the responsibility for the completion of the PEAR forms, the OER, and all the rest of the paperwork related to the CB audit report is theirs, not yours.

Since you are required to assess the effectiveness of the process of your QMS, you might ELECT to use the PEAR forms for that purpose, but, you as a registrant is not mandated to use that form for internal purposes. Be prepared to answer how you assess such effectiveness; one of the fields in the PEAR form requires the CB auditor to record how the organization themselves do such self assessment.

AS91X0:2009 questions welcomed.

B

Big Slim

my auditor informed me that a turtle diagram is required for section 7.1,7.2,7.4,7.5 and 7.6 of the AS9120 Rev. A std. This has been verified by other members here.

B

Big Slim

Re: AS9120 Process Effectiveness Assessment Report Forms

thanks for the reply. If its going to make my life easier to fill it out I have no problem with that. I understand this is strictly for the auditors benefit but i rather have it prepared in advance so i don't have to waste time explaining every procedure in detail.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader

my auditor informed me that a turtle diagram is required for section 7.1,7.2,7.4,7.5 and 7.6 of the AS9120 Rev. A std. This has been verified by other members here.
If a turtle diagram is required by the standard (as opposed to a CB {certified body} requirement), can anyone cite the clause which states the requirement?

AndyN

Moved On

Your auditor is wrong to state this, as is every other person who suggest it is. You should develop whatever tools and techniques get you an effective audit result...and not do things to 'please auditors'! You have only tow groups to please - the customer and your management!

You might want to go back to your selected CB and inform them that the auditor assigned doesn't appear to be competent, as a result of their training, since they've been telling you to do such things...

Last edited:
B

Big Slim

i understand why the auditors want a turtle diagram and Pear form completed, so the audit is laid out in front of them and they don't have to go digging for info. If it's going to streamline my audit, I'm all for it. But again my question was what info should be provided on the PEAR form.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions

i understand why the auditors want a turtle diagram and Pear form completed, so the audit is laid out in front of them and they don't have to go digging for info. If it's going to streamline my audit, I'm all for it. But again my question was what info should be provided on the PEAR form.

Competent auditors do not need Turtle diagrams or any tools that you use to determine "Inputs - Outputs" or effectiveness of the process. They do appreciate it if you provide the name / address and OIN (OASIS ID Number) PEAR. Some auditors would also like to see if you are able to go through the exercise of determining process effectiveness - good exercise for audit / management team and placing this information on section 8, 9, 10 & 11 of the PEAR. This will also aid the auditors in determining process effectiveness but... IT is the auditor's responsibilities to complete the PEAR, MATRIX, OER, NCR - if applicable and Stage final report.

Top Bottom