AS9102 B (FAI - First Article Inspection) is Released - October 2014

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Thanks guys for your responses.
The manufacturer indeed did a partial FAI, implemented corrective actions. up-issued the FAI report. updated the job router with the corrective actions included. Reworked the part and redelivered.

NOTE: The new AS9102 B is out....

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
FYI! - I have my copy - I wanted to know if you have rev A and B. (I will make an assumption that you have both.)

Rev b expands or clarifies definition, introduces 2D & 3D requirements and cosmetic changes to the forms.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Does anyone have a comparison matrix/document? Maybe I'm missing something in this discussion.

Kronos147

Trusted Information Resource
Does anyone have a comparison matrix/document? Maybe I'm missing something in this discussion.

The way I read it is that no one is willing to give this info away for fear the SAE copyright police will strike them down.

We all have to buy it.

I saw it on https://global.ihs.com/ for $110 (PDF). Deco (Document Engineering) sells the hard copy for $125.

Any other places I should know about?

TIA,
Eric

J

Jimw1954

Any way to get an Excel version that can be maintained electronically?

Michael_M

Trusted Information Resource
Any way to get an Excel version that can be maintained electronically?

I just got the spec yesterday and I did see a comment that says rev A forms can still be used. A quick look at the forms, I did not really see anything that jumped out that was different.

At first glance the only difference I see is form #3 does not have "Sheet___ of ____" (forms 1 and 2 do).

The forms look different but all the information is the same. It does not appear that they changed the layout of the forms.

Top Bottom