Compliance to EN 10204 Type 3.2 Certification

jerry_Malaysia

Quite Involved in Discussions
Dear all

Lately one of my customer has asked my organization whether we can "comply to EN 10204 Type 3.2 Certification?"

AS per my understanding, EN10204 clause 4.2 says
"Inspection Certificate type 3.2
Documents prepared by both the manufacturer’s authorized inspection representative, independent of the manufacturing department and either the purchaser’s authorized inspection representative or the inspector designated by the official regulations and in which they declare that the products supplied are in compliance with the requirements of the order and in which test results are supplied."

Does this mean that I would have to prepare certificate together with a third party laboratory / Testing provider that is designated by the customer? But our customer asked me the question without addressing which laboratory that they accepted. :confused: Can I also produce the certificate based on the COC provided by the raw material supplier (the mill)?

Any advice?

M

machrk

have you searched the Cove for this question or similar questions : try this link : ***SEARCH LINK REMOVED***

this may give you some help

my org is also considering this issue

:)

@KerrieAnne aka machrk

Last edited by a moderator:

jerry_Malaysia

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi Machrk

I have searched the cove for similar topic, but i found that mostly are in type 3.1 compliance. I have not find any information about type 3.2. Please guide me to locate the relevant information if there is any.
Also, if your organization is considering this issue, would you share how you start access whether you can "comply to EN 10204 Type 3.2 Certification?"
Thanks
Note: The link you provided is broken, i cannot get to the information. Please help repair the link

B

bluepagen

Try to do a search again for the information you found concerning 3.1 certification requirements in EN10204. In one of the forum topics, there is a discussion on the requirements for 3.1 requirements of inspection documents. Within that discussion, which currently has 4 pages of responses, on page 2, there are several links with information that will tell you in chart format the En10204 terms and definitions for inspections and inspection documents needed, and from who, based on 3.1 or 3.2. The links in that discussion will provide you with the information. Go to that conversation, look at the files that have been shared, and review the charts within those files.The chart will spell it out.

We currently supply 3.1 or 3.2 material, and depending on our customer's request, the inspection documents are always going to needed. The difference is the extent of certification 3.2 material requires. It will involve a third party to certify the material referred to in the certification is the same material that went thru all the processes, is traceable, and is the material that your finished part is made from. The party certifying this will be able to say and document that because they have witnessed the required testing on the material or have followed the paperwork on the material and all of the analysis and testing involved from start to finish.

Your purchaser may procure that from a party that your company selects, or the customer may tell you who they want to certify that.

There are certifying bodies that will perform this certification for you, from forging thru processes, to final finished product.

Top Bottom