Clause in ISO 9001:2008 for Requesting Material from Customer

R

Rioananda

Hallo all,

I still implement ISO 9001:2008 in education consultacy...Now I want to develop some procedure like request material to institution (It's free from institution to my company), Institution handling, and handling contract with institution.

What the best clause in ISO 9001:2008, which can be used as a refference to develop that procedure.

As a information "student" consider as a customer and a institution consider as a "partner".

Thanks,

Rio AP

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Clause in ISO 9001:2008

Rio,

You seem to be writing your management system's documents around the clauses in ISO 9001 instead of analyzing what your education consultancy actually does.

In developing the education consultancy's management system it is best to start with understanding the organization as a system interacting with its customers. That way you develop the management system that actually runs the education consultancy.

As to which clause should this part of the management system conform take a look at 4.1, 7.2.3 and 7.5.4.

John

R

Rioananda

Thank you for your advice John,

as information my company as a agent international institution....so consultacy given to student is about product/program international institution which become our partner....

I'm still develop procedure related to institution (like my Question above),

As your opinion, whether the institution can be considered as a customer ??

Thanks,

Rio AP

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator

Thank you for your advice John,

as information my company as a agent international institution....so consultacy given to student is about product/program international institution which become our partner....

I'm still develop procedure related to institution (like my Question above),

As your opinion, whether the institution can be considered as a customer ??

Thanks,

Rio AP

Rio,

Your education consultancy is advising students through the institution or in partnership with the institution?

If through the institution then yes.

If in partnership with the institution then no. For the sake of the student as the ultimate customer, both your consultancy and the institution would work as one system for the benefit of the student. In which case add clause 5.5.3 to the list I gave you above and be clear on which organization is leading the service provided to the student.

John

Chennaiite

Never-say-die
Trusted Information Resource
Hallo all,

I still implement ISO 9001:2008 in education consultacy...Now I want to develop some procedure like request material to institution (It's free from institution to my company), Institution handling, and handling contract with institution.

What the best clause in ISO 9001:2008, which can be used as a refference to develop that procedure.

As a information "student" consider as a customer and a institution consider as a "partner".

Thanks,

Rio AP

Do you mean, you collect pamphlets from different Educational Institutions and use them for counselling prospective students ?

R

Rioananda

Thanks John,

My education consultacy is advising student in partnership with institution,..

Example process is, we must analize SWOT from institution before we make decision to build agreement or partnership with insittution.

So, no relationship with clause 7.2.3 and 7.5.4, Am I right ??

Thanks,

Rio AP

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Rio,

If the institutions are to become the student's supplier then your education consultancy could be assisting the students with their development of supplier selection criteria per 7.4.1.

You would also make sure the information supplied was valid per 4.2.3 or clearly state your inability to do so and should be validated by the student per their selection criteria.

I am most grateful to Chennaiite for highlighting this possibility.

John

R

Rioananda

Do you mean, you collect pamphlets from different Educational Institutions and use them for counselling prospective students ?

We make agreement with institution and institution give their brochure or pamflet for us to counselling prospective student in my country,...

Do you have any idea for my question above ??

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Thanks John,

My education consultacy is advising student in partnership with institution,..

Example process is, we must analize SWOT from institution before we make decision to build agreement or partnership with insittution.

So, no relationship with clause 7.2.3 and 7.5.4, Am I right ??

Thanks,

Rio AP

Rio,

Right. The institution now seems to be a potential supplier to your customer the student.

John

Chennaiite

Never-say-die
Trusted Information Resource
We make agreement with institution and institution give their brochure or pamflet for us to counselling prospective student in my country,...

Do you have any idea for my question above ??
Thank you.
In my view, Students are your Customers. You are selling them your information and guidance. And you are paid for it.
Institutions are your Suppliers. You are purchasing information from them albeit free of cost. If this is true, 7.4 will be applicable in managing Institutions.

Top Bottom