90 days after TS 16949 Registration/Certification Audit to receive certificate?

Audit done-Bill Paid: How long do you have to wait for your certificate?

• Less than a week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less than two weeks

• Less than three weeks

• Less than four weeks

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Less than two months

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Less than three months

• More???

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
G

Gaby

I need the advice of all of you Cove gurus. :)

The last day of our ISO/TS Certification Audit was on August 15th with no open issues to close as result, so far I didn’t receive at least a draft of the Certificate for revision, I’ve been asking to our CB and their reply is that they’re going to ask to their corporative and will maintain me informed, which never happen if I don’t ask or remind them often.

According to the IATF rules everything must have been achieved within 90 days of the end of the site audit, this time already expired and we’re going to receive the audit of our corporative owner by Dec. 4th and of course it’s expected to post this certificate for its display prior to that.

To be honest, I’m getting nervous about to receive our certificate or at least a scanned copy on time, what do you suggest me to do? :(

Thanks for all your comments.

If this thread is wrong-posted, please move it to the right one, thank you!

Have an excellent week dear Covers! :bigwave:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: 90 days after ISO/TS 16949 Certification Audit to receive certificate?

To be honest, I’m getting nervous about to receive our certificate or at least a scanned copy on time, what do you suggest me to do?
What CB did you contract with?

AndyN

Moved On

Gaby - I'm guessing that you've made a payment for their services? Just about all CB's won't issue a certificate unless you've paid the bill. Is this tied up at your finance dept?

If you've paid then I suggest that you write a formal letter of complaint to the CB's office, detailing the dates and times of the assessments and calls you've had to make and copy the letter to the CB's HQ (wherever that is). If that doens't get things moving, write to the IAOB with your concerns.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

Gaby PM'ed me and I told her to contact the unit of the CB she engaged with that is authorized to issue the TS certificates directly:

http://www.iatfglobaloversight.org/certBodies.aspx

The CB she engaged with has the TS unit in the UK, so, the IAOB is not the right next level up, but the SMMT, I believe.

G

Gaby

We already made the payment, so I don't think this would be the reason.

Last week I e-mailed our CB (Mexico office) to comment them that they're not following IATF rules since they're not accomplishing the 90-days period.

My contact answer was "let us ask to our Latin American Division for the estimate date to receive this document", no further comments about it.

As I mentioned before, even if it's not my fault, since I've been asking for the certificate several times, I'm kind of nervous because company owner is coming in less than 2 weeks.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource

I have moved this thread to this forum, since it directly involves issue(s) with a Registrar.

G

Gaby

I just received a cc of the e-mail sent to our CB from the lead auditor who made our ISO/TS certification audit report, he's sending again the package of all the information related to our audit, why he's doing that? He already submitted all the information to the CB and cc to our organization on September 3rd, why again? I don't want to think our CB has "lost" our information and that's the reason of their delay to send our certificate. :confused:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

I just received a cc of the e-mail sent to our CB from the lead auditor who made our ISO/TS certification audit report, he's sending again the package of all the information related to our audit, why he's doing that? He already submitted all the information to the CB and cc to our organization on September 3rd, why again? I don't want to think our CB has "lost" our information and that's the reason of their delay to send our certificate. :confused:

Deduct your the cost of your time and effort from this or future invoices. :)

You should also issue a corrective action request to your registration services supplier.

Stijloor.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

I don't want to think our CB has "lost" our information and that's the reason of their delay to send our certificate.
Gaby, I am sure you have heard that cliche' about insanity being associated with keeping on doing the same thing and expecting different results...If you keep communicating the same way with the same people, chances are you will keep getting the same run around. Until you are willing to escalate the issue, you are at your contact's mercy. Nobody at The Cove can know for sure what is happening with your certificate issuance. Until you exercise your rights as a customer/registrant, nobody can assist you.

G

Gaby

Yes, we will submit a CAR to our CB for this issue.

Thanks to everybody for your replies, I wanted to be sure that my interpretation of the IATF rules (about the 90 days) was right.

I also sent an e-mail to the auditor asking why he sent documentation again to the CB, I want to know all possible "versions" of this situation.

Once again thanks to everybody at the Cove! Have a wonderful day!

I'll let you know how this drama ends :(

Top Bottom