Basic Internal Auditor Training Powerpoint File

M

mille1sj

Hello All,

I am new to the Cove and had a few questions. I have recently found myself in a situation that many others may ahve also experienced. Over the past few years, my position as the Quality Manager has continued to expand while my staff has been cut to nearly nothing. I have now found myself struggeling to get all of my internal audits completed on time. After speaking with the Executive Team, they have agreed to give me a few shared resources to assist with internal audits. many of the people have been involved in audits in the pst, but could use a refresher course, others have no audit experience at all.

Does anyone have a copy or know of where I could get a basic PowerPoint for internal auditor training? I have one that was passed down to me from a previous manager that is truely a bare bones presentation.

I am trying to avoid completely recreating a presesntation if possible.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

G

Gmzita

Hi Steve -

You didn't say what standard you are auditing to but here are two auditing tools that I found on the web that I purchased and use -

http://www.informintl.com/videos.html - Internal auditing Basics (DVD & Learning Guide)

www.asq.org - The Internal Auditing Pocket Guide by JP Russell

Both of these are geared more towards ISO 9000 but I found the general basics to be applicable to our ISO 17025 program. I basically just tell the attendees that anytime the Narrator or book says ISO 9000 - think - ISO 17025.

They were pretty inexpensive and help with the basics.

The DVD/Learning Guide comes with an open book test that I use as documentation for the individual auditors training record. ;)

Good Luck.

AndyN

Moved On
Hello All,

I have now found myself struggling to get all of my internal audits completed on time.
any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Steve: I don't want to pour water on the idea of another auditor, but, maybe you should take a look at your audit scheduling first. Why are you struggling to do them? Are they taking too much time? Are you doing a system-wide audit each time. Are you doing too many audits?

Getting another person may not be the silver bullet you think it is...

M

mille1sj

It is an overall timing issue for me, I have four plants in three states that need to have audits completed. If I am not traveling, I am in meetings, I mnage the entire Quality Management System, so I also have to focus on my supplier issues, the gage/CMM group, product quality, etc. I can limit the audits I'm doing and adjust the schedule, but I see a lot of benefits from audits and would hate to reduce that.

M

mille1sj

here is my ppt I use for training. hope this helps. use crtl+L to view as power point slide show

Thanks for the slides, I appreciate it, this can help me fill in areas on my old presentation that are lacking.

AndyN

Moved On
Steve:

Are you sure a "refresher course" is going to do it? Would having someone come in and coach your auditors work better? Just going through a bunch of slides isn't going to be as effective - time wise and practically - as having a coach work on their skills and - at the same time - make the audits they do count for the overall audit program. It sounds like you don't have much time and a day in class may not be very helpful.

S

SuperGirl

I agree, but not for being time effective. There are many styles of learning, and sitting through slides may not be an effective learning tool for someone. Some people learn by hands on experience. You may want to also consider that.

AndyN

Moved On
I agree, but not for being time effective. There are many styles of learning, and sitting through slides may not be an effective learning tool for someone. Some people learn by hands on experience. You may want to also consider that.

Exactly! Learning styles are important and , as adults, most of us learn quickest by doing. Auditing is about skills and competency. Neither can be developed by reading (or hearing) a powerpoint slide presentation!

I recently obtained my motorcycle license and I read and watched countless videos on Youtube, on MSF websites, state motorcycle training books etc etc.

But it's NOTHING like getting on a bike and riding down the road - after 35 years of sitting in cars! Auditing is a bit like that, too!

G

gbcqc

That is why the internal classes I use to do included the standard and slides and part II was the actual audit to get the feel of having to ask the questions and review the evidence.

IMHO it is a two fold process, know the standard and know how to audit.

Top Bottom