Effects or Impact of Changes to ISO 17021 and Revision Status as of 16 NOV 2014

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi everyone,:bigwave:
We are ISO/TS16949 certified company.
Our Certifying Body sends us a Client Advisory on the changes of ISO Guide 17021.
What are the effects or impact of these changes to us? :confused:
Please advise.
Thank you very much in advance for the usual kind attention you will give this request.
Best regards,
Raffy:cool:

Randy

Super Moderator
Re: Iso17021:2007

What did the Advisory say?

ISO 17021 doesn't actually apply to you, it applies to your CB and they are probably telling you how the rules are changing for them and how you may be affected by that.

AndyN

Moved On
Re: Effects or impact of changes to ISO 17021:2007

It's true that ISO/IEC 17021 applies to the CB and in normal situations, the registering organization will not 'see' the effects.

However, in my capacity as the East Coast Regional Sales Manager for a well known Certification Body, I meet those people who have a had experience with going through the process and who are now encountering quotes etc. which detail the 'stage 1' - 'stage 2' assessment process. This is new to them so, I spend some time explaining what happens differently from when their (previous) CB was operating under Guide 62 etc.

Last edited:

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Re: Effects or impact of changes to ISO 17021:2007

Hi everyone,:bigwave:
We are ISO/TS16949 certified company.
Our Certifying Body sends us a Client Advisory on the changes of ISO Guide 17021.
What are the effects or impact of these changes to us? :confused:
Please advise.
Thank you very much in advance for the usual kind attention you will give this request.
Best regards,

Hi Raffy,

Firstly, the ISO 17021 is 2006 and not 2007 issue.

You can refer Checklist on Compliance - ISO 17021:2006 for more information.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

Attachments

• ISO_IEC_17021_Ian_Muir[1].ppt
    1 MB · Views: 340
Last edited:

Raffy

Re: Effects or impact of changes to ISO 17021:2006

Hi Randy,
Attached herewith is a copy of the Client Advisory from our CB. Our surveillance audit is scheduled on June 2008. I was wondering if the advisory would have an effect such as re-scheduling the audit? :confused:
Aside from the external auditors, there are observers which will come to visit our factory! :mg: from the advisory enclosed in a box, "there will also be a requirement that our clients accept and accomodate observers from accreditation bodies during audits, but if this should be required that the CB is being observed and not the organization". What are the implications or percussions of this statement in an organization? Please advise.
Thank you very much in advance for the usual kind attention you will give this request.:thanx:
Best regards,

Attachments

• Advisory.pdf
    582 KB · Views: 390

Raffy

Hi Andy,:bigwave:
Because of unforeseen circumstances, as you have mentioned the registering organization will not ‘see’ the effects. That’s why at this early, I need to understand if there’s an impact during our audit as we have roughly two months before our surveillance audit. So if there are preparations that must be done prior the audit, I'm more than willing to accomplished it now to avoid non-conformances. Thank you very much in advance for the usual kind attention you will give this request.
Hi Ajit, Sidney,:thanks:
Thank you very much the information you have provided.

Best regards,
Raffy

AndyN

Moved On

Raffy:
You're welcome! As far as I'm aware, you will see no difference in the manner the surveillance is conducted, due to ISO/IEC 17021 compliance by your CB.

The principle difference that someone might notice is in the on site 'stage 1' assessment replacing the document review.

Randy

Super Moderator

The "observers" won't be there looking at you, their job is to assess the delivery of auditing and certification services of you registrar (your CB is getting audited). This is part of the stuff that adds credibility to the 3rd party process.

The Stage 1 ain't no big deal...you're already certified and it doesn't apply to you so forget it.

Raffy

Hi Andy,
Whew! what a relief on my part.
Thank you very much.
Best regards,

Top Bottom