Ford Motor exec gives up free use of corporate jet to go home

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
From the Let Them Eat Cake department. :crybaby: My heart goes out to this poor fellow...
UPI said:
DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 18 (UPI) -- Ford Motor Co.'s North American head said Thursday he would give up his free use of a company plane to fly home to south Florida from Detroit on weekends.

Mark Fields told employees in an internal broadcast he asked Ford to remove the perk from his employment contract, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Fields had been widely criticized, including by dealers, for using the company jet when the struggling automaker is trying to make up for a projected $4.5 billion in 2006 North American losses out of a total $7 billion overall loss last year.

The Detroit-Florida flights cost Ford $214,479 in the fourth quarter of 2005, the one period Ford has disclosed. The full cost for 2006 is likely to be made public later this year.

Fields was put in charge of Ford's largest business sector in October 2005. His compensation that year was $3.2 million, including a $1 million bonus to take the job.

C

chergh - 2008

He's given up use of the corporate jet to travel home??? Why has he just bought himself his own personal jet ? :notme:

Q

qualeety

geez, i would not take his job for 4.2M for a year...that is a peanut when compare to others...i think he is underpaid!!!!! :lol:

also, giving up the use of corp jet is a jesture only...the amount of money saved by not using the corp jet could cost more in a long run....who is gonna pay for his weekend trips to home in a first class flight?...i don't think Mark will pay...do you?.

in my previous job, it was cheaper to use the corp jet when you had four or more people...so, there can be more to this story than what was report.

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
maybe he's just trying to reduce his carbon footprint.
Like Prince Charles.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
also, giving up the use of corp jet is a jesture only...the amount of money saved by not using the corp jet could cost more in a long run.

More than $214,479 for 12 round trip commercial flights? Not likely. But maybe more than 12 round trip flights on a specially chartered jet for him.

On the other hand, he could live where he works.

C

chergh - 2008

maybe he's just trying to reduce his carbon footprint.
Like Prince Charles.

Like Prince Charles? Yeah right Charles is the guy who owns a Range Rover, a Classic Aston Martin, a Jaguar, an Audi and a Bentley. Oh I forgot he also owns a Prius so that makes it all ok...

C

Craig H.

For $3.2 mil a year, I'd even drive an OLD Ford, and maintain it myself.

I wonder if the guy even knows how to change a flat?

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
For $3.2 mil a year, I'd even drive an OLD Ford, and maintain it myself.

I wonder if the guy even knows how to change a flat?

Yeah, especially if it was a classic 'Tang!:lmao:

Maybe that is why they closed so many plants, to pay that salary?

Antonio Vieira

Involved - Posts
Now I can replace my Ford for a new one, and probably it will be cheaper than the one I have now.
Thanks to the boss's "cost reduction program"...
:notme:

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Now I can replace my Ford for a new one, and probably it will be cheaper than the one I have now.
Thanks to the boss's "cost reduction program"...
:notme:
I'd be real careful of what I was buying and where it is being produced right now.:notme: I know that nobody 'round these parts is anxious to purchase an F150 right now. Too bad that probably helped move the closure of the plant up by 9 months. Talk about self fulfilling prophecies.

Top Bottom