On-Time Supplier PPAP Tracking

N

Nikki

We are using the percent of approved Supplier PPAP's as a metric for our Supplier Quality group this year. I am having a hard time finding a benchmark as a target. Obviously we would like a 100%, but I know that is unrealistic. Has anyone ever benchmarked this measureable before?

Thank you!

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: On-Time PPAP Tracking

We are using the percent of approved Supplier PPAP's as a metric for our Supplier Quality group this year. I am having a hard time finding a benchmark as a target. Obviously we would like a 100%, but I know that is unrealistic. Has anyone ever benchmarked this measureable before?

Thank you!

Nikki,

As long as you are working towards 100%, you would be OK. Look at trends. Focus on continual improvement. Dr. Deming cautioned us about goals and targets... They can become a detriment to continual improvement.

Stijloor.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: On-Time PPAP Tracking

Thank you!
Benchmarks and measureables are generally not helpful unless you understand the present capability of the system and obstacles to improvement. When you do know those things, you won't need benchmarks. PDCA.

D

DrM2u

Thank you!
Eventually and hopefully all PPAPs will get approved. Are you looking at the first-time-through approval rate or just in general? Another measurement that you might want to consider (and probably more relevant to your customers) is timeliness of PPAP submittals. Note that the due date can and often does change during the process development phaseas for a varierty of reasons (some beyond your control). Usually a customer is looking for a complete PPAP package submitted on time so it does not affect the rest of the project.

Top Bottom