Airbus & Boeing Standard and Additional Requirements

B

bhavya vee

Dear all,

Our organization is an engineering services provider in design and analysis. Can anyone explain me what additional standards / processes are to be followed to meet the requirements of Airbus and Boeing?

Thanks in advance,
Bhavya

Last edited by a moderator:

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Dear all,

Our organization is an engineering services provider in design and analysis. Can anyone explain me what additional standards / processes are to be followed to meet the requirements of Airbus and Boeing?

Thanks in advance,
Bhavya

Just real quick - you are asking for what additional standards.... Can you provide us with a kist from specs, contract review, blueprint etc that you already have? - this way we know what you are missing.

or

Request from the organization a list of required specs.

B

bhavya vee

Please find the below list of process documentation we are following at present, if any other process to be documented to meet the Airbus and Boeing requirements, please let me.

1RFQ 2TECHNICAL CAPABILITY REVIEW(TCR) 3RISK MANAGEMENT (RMM) 4Effort Estimation (EFE) 5Proposal6P.O 7CONTRACT REVIEW(CTR) 8WORK ORDER 9Customer Specification and Requirement10Project plan11Project Milestone plan (PMP)12Resource request13Data access request14KICK OFF MEETING (PKO)15Customer Supplied property document form(CSD)16REVIEW17MOMs 18Drawing Checklist Criteria19Modelling Check List Criteria20Status Report21Configuration Status Accounting22Change Management (CMG)23Quality Check List24Design Iteration Tracker25TIME SHEET (TMS)26Metrics / Performance Index Projects (PIP)27Project Report (PRE)28DELIVERY CHECKLIST(DCL)29PROJECT DELIVERY & ACCEPTANCE (PDA)30Issue Tracker31PROJECT LESSONS (PRL)32Warranty Certificate (WCF)33Project Completion report (PCL)34CUSTOMER SATISFACTION SURVEY(CSS)

Thanks,
Bhavya

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Hi, bhavya vee :bigwave:

That looks to be a list of your internal processes/procedures/docs - yes? I took your question to mean "what standards or specifications do we need to comply with?"

In addition to AS9100, since you are an engineering and design provider, you will probably have to comply with Boeing's D6-51991 Quality Assurance Standard for Digital Product Definition at Boeing Suppliers and D6-56199 Hardware and Software Compatibility Requirements for Suppliers' Use of BCAG CATIA Native Datasets as Authority for Design, Manufacturing and Inspection. There are other DPD related requirements documents as well.

What do you design? Tooling or product? Which sites are you currently providing design for - or are you trying to get into Airbus and Boeing work? There may be other requirements based on product type and customer site specific stuff.

B

bhavya vee

Hi Cari Spears,

Thank you for your informative reply, we do product design and analysis mainly for aerospace applications. Let me know if any other requirements to be met on this.

Thanks
Bhavya

O

ouioui

Any other process requested by Airbus shall be mentioned on their RFQ (as GRESS...) Read again the RFQ and check for sur requirements. Then crosscheck what is already implemented with your organization and complete as necessary. I would onpen an xls file with your processes and doc against Curtomers' requirement. That is the best way to check you capability to answering their requirements.
BR - Olivier:agree:

Top Bottom