AS9100 Audit Hours for Audit Day for Certification

D

dszeredi

Hi, in regards to certification audits to AS9100/AS9120/AS9110 what is considered an audit day? Is it 8 hours of auditing excluding lunch? Also, can you audit for more than 8 hours on a given day. Thanks in advance for any answers on this.
Cheers
Dez Szeredi:thanx:

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Here's what the ballot draft of AS9104/1 (dated 12/31/09) says:
9104/1 Ballot Draft said:
An audit day is a normal working day of eight hours. The number of audit days cannot be reduced by programming longer hours per workday (e.g., five audit days of eight hours cannot be executed as four audit days of ten hours).
Lunch and audit reporting are not included in the audit time.

D

dszeredi

Thanks guys, that is what I thought. But just wanted to make sure. I really appreciate the quick response.
Cheeers
Dez Szeredi

J

Joy

What my friend Howste has mentioned was my understanding too and it was for long.Even I used to explain in training sessions that travel time and lunch breaks shall not be calculated.It was changed during one audit in China,the local auditor explained me that few CBs there include lunch hours in audit day calculation.So I started some research and following is my finding from a well established document i.e IAF MD 5
1.2 Auditor Day
The duration of an auditor day is normally 8 hours and may or may not include travel time or
lunch depending upon local legislation:mg:.

Request to my auditor friends: Kindly don't misuse this information,if you are paid for eight hours:tg:

There was a thread few months back where Sydney gave lot of inputs on the subject.

Top Bottom