The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Elsmar Cove Forum Community Forums > Community Discussion Topics > Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2005, 12:58 PM
Quality Manager

Registration Date: Sep 2003

Thanks Given to Others: 502
Thanked 2,933 Times in 1,901 Posts
Karma Power: 1166
Wes Bucey is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Wes Bucey is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Wes Bucey is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Wes Bucey is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Wes Bucey is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Please Help! April Fool 2005 - Ideas wanted for a great April Fool stunt

Ideas wanted for a great April Fool stunt for next month. Tell us what works and what doesn't.

"Few minds wear out; more rust out"
Inscribed over the entrance of Louis Pasteur School, Chicago
Christian Nestell Bovee (1820-1904) in Thoughts, Feelings and Fancies, 1857

Sponsored Links
Old 3rd March 2005, 04:24 PM
Involved - Posts

Registration Date: Aug 2002

Thanks Given to Others: 14
Karma Power: 78
C Emmons is appreciated, and has over 300 Karma points.C Emmons is appreciated, and has over 300 Karma points.C Emmons is appreciated, and has over 300 Karma points.C Emmons is appreciated, and has over 300 Karma points.
Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Wes Bucey

Ideas wanted for a great April Fool stunt for next month. Tell us what works and what doesn't.
My son got me last year with his instant messaging. He suspected I was nosing around his instant messages, over his shoulder, pretending to be him when he was out of the room to see what he and his friends were talking about (I know I know) Anyway, he had his laptop (wireless, upstairs and our main computer is in the kitchen. He set up a new account, pretended to be a girl telling him she really needed to talk to him that they had to make a decision about the baby....needless to say...I could not talk, about passed out until I got to the last line that said...Hey Mom, gotcha, its me upstairs, please quit reading my mail!!) April fool it was!
Sponsored Links

Old 3rd March 2005, 04:46 PM
An Early 'Cover'

Registration Date: Mar 2002

Thanks Given to Others: 34
Karma Power: 238
Mike S. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Mike S. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Mike S. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Mike S. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Mike S. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Mike S. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Mike S. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Mike S. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Mike S. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Mike S. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Mike S. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Mike S. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by C Emmons

My son got me last year with his instant messaging. He suspected I was nosing around his instant messages, over his shoulder, pretending to be him when he was out of the room to see what he and his friends were talking about (I know I know) Anyway, he had his laptop (wireless, upstairs and our main computer is in the kitchen. He set up a new account, pretended to be a girl telling him she really needed to talk to him that they had to make a decision about the baby....needless to say...I could not talk, about passed out until I got to the last line that said...Hey Mom, gotcha, its me upstairs, please quit reading my mail!!) April fool it was!
Wow! You wuz gotten good! %$## kids these days!

Mike S. ("Gun Nut")
And they ask me why I drink....
Old 3rd March 2005, 05:29 PM
E-Mails Invalid or Rejected by Recipient System

Registration Date: Jan 2005

Thanks Given to Others: 0
Karma Power: 0
IEGeek - 2006 is appreciated, and has over 700 Karma points.IEGeek - 2006 is appreciated, and has over 700 Karma points.IEGeek - 2006 is appreciated, and has over 700 Karma points.IEGeek - 2006 is appreciated, and has over 700 Karma points.IEGeek - 2006 is appreciated, and has over 700 Karma points.IEGeek - 2006 is appreciated, and has over 700 Karma points.IEGeek - 2006 is appreciated, and has over 700 Karma points.
Send a message via Skype™ to IEGeek - 2006
I always liked putting a rubber band around the sprayer hose handle on the kitchen sink. I used to get my mother every year. She always thought the sink had sprung a leak. Funny but dangerous....

OR

My old plant manager got us all one year, by bringing us into the conference room and telling us that our division was sold to a foreign investment group that had decided to sell off the assets, then picked up his briefcase and left the building. We all sat there shocked until someone realized he was going on vacation that day.

OR

Use Jello or another generic gelatin product and place in someone's toilet late at night (you need to give the gelatin some time to harden). Or you could put this in a public toilet somewhere also. Lemon gelatin works well as does clear gelatin.
Once the gelatin hardens, the person who does the poopin will be surprised when they find their tootsie rolls sitting on top a solid but jiggly mass inside the toilet.
This is a good gag because no harm is done to anyone's property since the gelatin needs only to be broken up in order to flush.

OR

This is an easy trick to pull off but it requires some patience. Place confetti (not Minute Rice as birds will eat this and blow up) into someone's umbrella and then close it and wait for the next rain.
This joke, when pulled off, is harmless yet it yields the element of surprise. No animals were harmed during testing of this prank.

OR

Having an off-beat sense of humor I had a small rubber duck hidden away in my desk. When everyone left I took the water jug off the water cooler and squeezed my small rubber duck inside. I then replaced the jug on the cooler and that duck was floating proudly. The next morning I made it a point to come in a little late and was happy to find a small crowd around the cooler theorizing who the culprit could have been.

Unfortunately, these are not all mine, but great none the less
Old 4th March 2005, 02:07 AM
Forum Administrator

Registration Date: May 2000

Thanks Given to Others: 1,257
Karma Power: 400
Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Clown

Some ideas from last years survey could come in handy: April Fool help - Preparing for April 1, 2004 .

I am also thinking about some new ideas...

/Claes

Hanlon's Razor.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
User Groups: Elsmar Cove Cycling Enthusiasts Formula 1 fanatics Photo freaks Readers Corner
Old 4th March 2005, 08:21 AM
Inactive Registered Visitor

Registration Date: Jan 2002

Thanks Given to Others: 323
Karma Power: 265
Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by IEGeek

I always liked putting a rubber band around the sprayer hose handle on the kitchen sink. I used to get my mother every year. She always thought the sink had sprung a leak. Funny but dangerous....
One of my favorites. Try clear tape instead of the rubber band - it is harder to see. Of course, it is easier to leave fingerprints....

IE, some of the others were just plain devious.

Old 4th March 2005, 10:21 AM
When in doubt - THINK!

Thanks Given to Others: 455
Karma Power: 344
RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.RCBeyette is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Send a message via Skype™ to RCBeyette
We have a department manager who is very particular about all framed objects being straight. During some pre-joke testing, we've set a few objects in our areas on angles - some more obvious than others. Our plan is to do an impromptu 5S audit of his entire department and leave the cryptic statement "Framed picture on angle" - we predict he'll wander around all day trying to find it...or straightening all of them.

~ Roxane ~
"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." - Oscar Levant
Old 4th March 2005, 10:33 AM
Inactive Registered Visitor

Thanks Given to Others: 323
Karma Power: 265
Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Craig H. is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
How about changing the character set in use on someone's computer?

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Elsmar Cove Forum Community Forums > Community Discussion Topics > Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?