Elsmar Cove Forum Header Graphic The Elsmar Cove Wiki Sitemap More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar Cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
NQA-USA
Miner's MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Blog 
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Manufacturing, Service, and Business Systems Processes > Manufacturing and Related Processes
Forum Username

Wooden Line

How to establish the 4M (Man Machine Method Material) change control

Search the Elsmar Cove
Search Elsmar
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
fishbone diagram

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 27th April 2005, 03:22 PM
tammy johnson

Total Posts: 1
Please Help! How to establish the 4M (Man Machine Method Material) change control

"Fresh off the presses" according to the boss!!! How to incorporate the 4M processes into a existing system that doesn't check anything only changes stuff

I also have a question about how define responsibilities for corrective action processes we have a lot of overdue ones, and why do companies let the auditor tell them what to do instead of doing what works for their particular company!

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 28th April 2005, 11:15 AM
Marc

Total Posts: 24,480
I Say...

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by tammy johnson

4M'S 1. Man - change of operators 2. Machine - new, updating or improving facility 3.Method - changes in process i.e. operations, working conditions, 4. Material - raw material, parts change, packing change or auxiliaries.
What are your processes? What is your current documentation like structure wise / what exists currently? Work Instructions? Setup instructions? How is document control currently handled?

An implementation project plan depends upon what currently exists vs. your goal / requirements.
Quote:
...why do companies let the auditor tell them what to do instead of doing what works for their particular company...
If that is happening, whoever the key person in your company who handles the QMS and interfaces with the auditors is needs some help IMO. And, if this is happening, the auditor is consulting not auditing. But again, more details - such as an example of what you're doing vs. what the auditor tells you to do - will help us to better answer your question.
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 15th June 2013, 12:09 AM
Azrul Azmi

Re: How to establish the 4M (Man Machine Method Material) change control

Hi My Name Azrul from Malaysia

just need ur help.next week i have a audit from customer,they asking me 4M Change format ? can somebody help me? i need a format for 4M chenge? 4M change for plastic injection manufacturing

tq
  Post Number #4  
Old 15th June 2013, 05:35 AM
harry

Total Posts: 6,278

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Azrul Azmi View Post

...................... just need ur help.next week i have a audit from customer,they asking me 4M Change format ? .........................
A simple example can be found here. Just do the same for the other 2Ms.
Thanks to harry for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #5  
Old 25th April 2014, 04:27 AM
rakesh_bhaj

Dear All,

Above discussions shows details of 4-M change hwoever how to control 4-M at shop floor, General change control procedure is well understood by all but micro level day to day changes in 4M how to control.

Can any body help us to develop procedure to control 4M in effective way .

Also how to deal with 4M changes if reported .

Enclosed herewith listing of 4M changes noticed but reaction method and general procedure need clarification.

Please share some examples of implementation with procedure.
Attached Files: 1. Scan for viruses before using, 2. Please report any 'bad' files by Reporting this post, 3. Use at your Own Risk.
File Type: xls 4M Sheet.xls (35.0 KB, 179 views)

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Manufacturing, Service, and Business Systems Processes > Manufacturing and Related Processes

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?