The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Elsmar Cove Forum Essentials > Forum Software - How to Do Things in the Elsmar Forum --> Instructions
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access

Click the graphic above.
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
forum software instructions, forum software questions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 21st June 2005, 01:51 PM
Email Address Invalid or Rejected by Recipient System

Registration Date: Apr 2005

Thanks Given to Others: 136
Karma Power: 0
amanbhai is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.amanbhai is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.amanbhai is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.amanbhai is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.amanbhai is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.amanbhai is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.amanbhai is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.amanbhai is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.
Question Karma - How do I get Karma (aka 'Reputation')? How does Karma work?

Folks How do I increase my karma? I mean my karma is standing the same for sometime.
Thank You to amanbhai for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Sponsored Links
Old 21st June 2005, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

Registration Date: Jun 2002

Thanks Given to Others: 71
Karma Power: 418
Al Rosen is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Al Rosen is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Al Rosen is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Al Rosen is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Al Rosen is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Al Rosen is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Al Rosen is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Al Rosen is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Al Rosen is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Al Rosen is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Al Rosen is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Send a message via AIM to Al Rosen
Karma - How to Give Karma and How to See Who Gave You Karma

Karma - How to Give Karma and How to See Who Gave You Karma

Al
Thanks to Al Rosen for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Sponsored Links

Old 21st June 2005, 02:19 PM
Inactive Registered Visitor

Registration Date: Feb 2001

Thanks Given to Others: 80
Karma Power: 222
D.Scott is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
D.Scott is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.D.Scott is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.D.Scott is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.D.Scott is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.D.Scott is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.D.Scott is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.D.Scott is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.D.Scott is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.D.Scott is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Send a message via Yahoo to D.Scott
Actually, I'm not sure the Karma feature is still in use. I know there was talk of doing away with it at one time. If my memory serves:

Everybody starts out with 1 Karma block. As you post interesting or helpful articles, people could add to your Karma by clicking on the little Yin/Yang icon in the blue bar at the top of your post. You were also awarded a Karma block for reaching milestones in the number of posts you make. Obviously, the longer you have been around and the more posts you make, the more Karma you would receive. I guess there is a certain amount of "status" in having Karma but if the advice or information you get doesn't help, all the Karma in the world won't change that.

With or without Karma, it becomes clear very quickly who is here to help others and who isn't. If Karma still works it will come fast enough. The longer you are here and the more you help others, the more your reputation will grow. To me, that's worth a lot more than Karma.

"Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time"
Thank You to D.Scott for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 21st June 2005, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Registration Date: Jun 2002

Thanks Given to Others: 71
Karma Power: 418
Al Rosen is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Al Rosen is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Al Rosen is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Al Rosen is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Al Rosen is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Al Rosen is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Al Rosen is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Al Rosen is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Al Rosen is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Al Rosen is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Al Rosen is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Send a message via AIM to Al Rosen
The Law of Karma

The Law of Karma

Al
Thanks to Al Rosen for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 21st June 2005, 03:04 PM
Forum Moderator

Registration Date: Jan 2004

Thanks Given to Others: 3,304
Thanked 3,097 Times in 1,769 Posts
Karma Power: 645
Jennifer Kirley is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jennifer Kirley is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jennifer Kirley is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jennifer Kirley is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jennifer Kirley is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Jennifer Kirley is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jennifer Kirley is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jennifer Kirley is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jennifer Kirley is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jennifer Kirley is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jennifer Kirley is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jennifer Kirley is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jennifer Kirley is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jennifer Kirley is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jennifer Kirley is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jennifer Kirley is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by D.Scott

Actually, I'm not sure the Karma feature is still in use. I know there was talk of doing away with it at one time. If my memory serves:

Everybody starts out with 1 Karma block. As you post interesting or helpful articles, people could add to your Karma by clicking on the little Yin/Yang icon in the blue bar at the top of your post. You were also awarded a Karma block for reaching milestones in the number of posts you make. Obviously, the longer you have been around and the more posts you make, the more Karma you would receive. I guess there is a certain amount of "status" in having Karma but if the advice or information you get doesn't help, all the Karma in the world won't change that.

With or without Karma, it becomes clear very quickly who is here to help others and who isn't. If Karma still works it will come fast enough. The longer you are here and the more you help others, the more your reputation will grow. To me, that's worth a lot more than Karma.
Oh! Now I know how to make positive remarks like some have been kindly giving me. Yes, the Karma feature is still active and now I can give some comments of my own. I have learned something today, thank you!

"If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail." Abraham Maslow
Thanks to Jennifer Kirley for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 21st June 2005, 03:45 PM
Your Elsmar Cove Host

Registration Date: Jan 1996

Thanks Given to Others: 9,418
Thanked 5,149 Times in 3,271 Posts
Karma Power: 400
Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
The Karma feathre is 'On' but giving 'negative' Karma is 'Off' (you can give 'good' Karma' but cannot give 'Bad' Karma).

A Search is a terrible thing to waste!
One Test is Worth 1000 Expert Opinions - The plural of anecdote is not data - Correlation does not imply Causation
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. - Unknown
Thanks to Marc for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 21st June 2005, 04:30 PM
Forum Administrator

Registration Date: May 2000

Thanks Given to Others: 1,314
Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Claes Gefvenberg is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Thumbs up

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by D.Scott

Actually, I'm not sure the Karma feature is still in use.
It is, and I'm still using it.

/Claes

Hanlon's Razor.
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
User Groups: Elsmar Cove Cycling Enthusiasts Formula 1 fanatics Photo freaks Readers Corner
Thanks to Claes Gefvenberg for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 10th January 2006, 02:07 PM
Your Elsmar Cove Host

Registration Date: Jan 1996

Thanks Given to Others: 9,418
Thanked 5,149 Times in 3,271 Posts
Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Also see this thread: Karma - How to Give Karma and How to See Who Gave You Karma

A Search is a terrible thing to waste!
One Test is Worth 1000 Expert Opinions - The plural of anecdote is not data - Correlation does not imply Causation
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. - Unknown
Thanks to Marc for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Elsmar Cove Forum Essentials > Forum Software - How to Do Things in the Elsmar Forum --> Instructions

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?