The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO/TS 16949 - International Automotive Quality Systems Standard
Forum Username

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
diary, ts 16949 - automotive quality system standard

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10th July 2008, 09:43 AM
Cross Forum Moderator

Registration Date: May 2003

Thanks Given to Others: 3,160
Thanked 4,463 Times in 3,158 Posts
Karma Power: 1517
Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Re: An ISO/TS16949 Registration Maintenance Diary

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by howste View Post

How about a significant raise in self-esteem?

Self-esteem training:

Stijloor.
Attached Thumbnails
Self esteem training.jpg  

Sponsored Links
Old 14th August 2008, 04:00 PM
Involved in Discussions

Registration Date: Jan 2007

Thanks Given to Others: 20
Karma Power: 39
try2makeit is appreciated, and has over 100 Karma points.try2makeit is appreciated, and has over 100 Karma points.

Hi Covers,

I know I don't post a whole lot, because I do feel like that you guys are major players in the quality world, and I am still on the bottom of knowledge pole. I do get a lot of info of this Forum, that benefit me as I try to perform my job duties as a Quality Manager/Technician...I am still not quit sure what I am.

The last 3 days were spent on TS Recert. Oh yes, I am exhausted and come to think of it I think I should have taken today off. But no cigar.

It was a very good audit. I really took a lot away from it. Very detailed and in-depth. So kudos to the Auditor from our Registrar, she did a very good job.

We received 7 minor non-conformance. If anyone cares to know of them, read on..

NC #1: 4.24 Quotation . The organization does not always ensure adherence to record detention.

Evidence: APQP Coordinator pulled a random PPAP for a Customer and the team feasibility study was not in it. Would he have pulled a different one, it would have been there. He believes his Boss took part of it and never returned it. He was not a happy camper.

NC #2: 5.2 Top management: The Organization does not always ensure evidence of Customer Satisfaction.

Evidence: We had a drop with one of our Customer on the Performance report. , due to increased PPM. PPM came as a result of a bad decision on Top Mgmt.

NC #3: 5.6.1 The Organization does not always ensure evidence of Management review.

Evidence: We did not have a management review in June or July. And I was not going to coble up something to full fill that requirement. That's against what I stand for.

NC#4: 7.1.1 Design of Mfg. Process: The organization does not always ensure Customer Requirements are considered in planning of product realization.

Evidence: Above mentioned PPAP did not comply with Gage R&R. Specific Customer wanted Gage R&R done with 3 Operators. APQP coordinator did Gage R&R with only 2 Operators.

NC #5: 7.5.3 Manufacturing: The organization does not always ensure Evidence of Product traceability.

Evidence: Went out on the Shop floor, went to a Production station, and first thing that was not recorded on the Shop Order was the Material serial number. Who forgot to put in on it? The Plant Manager . Talk about me seeing red of all things at that point. If I had had the opportunity to strangle him, I would have.

NC #6: 8.2.2.5 The Organization does not always ensure evidence of internal auditor objectivity and impartiality.

Evidence: 1 internal auditor ( me) doing all of the Internal Audits. How did I audit Internal audits? I put one question on audit sheet and failed myself. The Auditor did get a chuckle out of that one. Can't audit my own work now, can I.

NC #7: 8.2.4.1 The Organization does not always ensure evidence of layout inspection as required.

Evidence: APQP Coordinator is behind on annual layouts. Auditor picked a few Parts and bingo we have one that is past due.

So that would be all of it. Now I have to fix it, and answer the CA's, and hopefully they get accepted and I get the new stamp on that Cert, to keep the Top Mgmt. happy.
Sponsored Links

Old 10th November 2008, 02:06 PM
Sachem

Registration Date: Aug 2003

Thanks Given to Others: 101
Karma Power: 138
Icy Mountain is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Icy Mountain is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Icy Mountain is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Icy Mountain is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Icy Mountain is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Icy Mountain is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Icy Mountain is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

I've been off for a while so I don't have much.

Internal Audit (2 days) on August 19th and 20th. Two minor observations:

Typographical error corrections.
Rewording and reducing the reporting frequencies for a number of items in Measurement, Analysis and Improvement. With our system up and running, we had many, many items that are no longer generating enough defects to report monthly. We went to quarterly across the board to have something worth reporting.

Since our recertification required 4 audit days, we only need to get in 4 days before the next recertification. Our 3rd party audit schedule looks like this:

May 2009, 2.5 days, 2 audit days plus 4 hours for the 4 recert findings at 1 hour each.

May, 2010, 2 days
May, 2011, 4 days for recertification.

Did you know that facts remain even when you disregard them?
Old 14th November 2008, 07:52 PM
Thaumaturge

Thanks Given to Others: 992
Thanked 1,943 Times in 1,045 Posts
Karma Power: 488
howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

So, another registrar that adds an hour to the schedule for each nonconformity. Do you feel it's justified?
Old 17th November 2008, 11:57 AM
Sachem

Icy Mountain is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Icy Mountain is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Icy Mountain is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Icy Mountain is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Icy Mountain is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Icy Mountain is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by howste View Post

So, another registrar that adds an hour to the schedule for each nonconformity. Do you feel it's justified?
Justification doesn't have anything to do with it:

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by AUTOMOTIVE CERTIFICATION SCHEME FOR ISO/TS 16949:2002, Rules for achieving IATF Recognition

Annex 3 Audit days for certification to ISO/TS 16949:2002, Requirements on audit days

3. On-site review of corrective actions arising from previous audits will be additional to the specified audit days.

Thanks to Icy Mountain for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 21st November 2008, 12:40 PM
Thaumaturge

howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.howste is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Icy Mountain View Post

Justification doesn't have anything to do with it:
I know that prior N/C verification time is additional to the audit time, but an hour for each nonconformity? That's not in the rules...
Old 21st November 2008, 01:16 PM
Sachem

Maybe I should complain some more. The rules say that my total number of surveillance days should be 3.5 over the next two years. Then it says the surveillance audits should be equal duration and rounded up to the nearest half day. So, each audit should be 1.75 days, rounded up to 2, so that leaves .75 days or 2 hours during the 2 days to cover the previous 4 (nitpicking non-) findings. You know I'm going to have to pay an overnight expense and 4 more hours for that last 1/2 day.

Old 21st November 2008, 01:26 PM
Thaumaturge

When I do 3rd-party TS audits, I don't get paid for the additional time to close minor nonconformities. I may work a longer day for a day or two to get them done, but that's just part of the gig. I've never stayed an extra day and the client has never had to pay for it.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO/TS 16949 - International Automotive Quality Systems Standard

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?