My name is Gregg and I work as the Quality Coordinator for a government contractor (Just graduated 8a status). We received our ISO certificate for our HQ operations last month after 18 months of learning, designing, and implementing our QMS. It has been my full time job since the start.
We began by attending meetings held by the Maryland ISO Consortium; which i higly recommend for those that have no idea about ISO.
I wish I would have found this site back then because i'm sure it would have saved A LOT of searching on the internet for problems I ran into.
Our next steps are to implement our QMS at all our remote locations (33 across 13 states) and get them all registered as well.
Keep an eye out for my questions...and i'll do my best to give my input wherever I can.
EDIT: oops..didn't see the questions on the first post. So i'll answer them now.
2. Quality Coordinator. In charge of QMS developement and implementation company wide
3. Government Contractor. First field since I graduated college in '02
4. Tessada and Associates, Inc. (Springfield, VA)
5. 2 years
6. Only being 26 years old and have taken a company from no ISO knowledge to registration. I also had zero ISO knowledge before two years ago.
7. Employees that think ISO is just a one-time thing to pass an audit.
8. Every company would have to meet ISO requirements in order to do ANY business.