Elsmar Cove Forum Header Graphic The Elsmar Cove Wiki Sitemap More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar Cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
NQA-USA
Miner's MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Blog 
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

QRQC - Quick Response Quality Control - A problem solving tool

Search the Elsmar Cove
Search Elsmar
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
problem solving, qrqc (quick response quality control)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 14th February 2006, 05:29 AM
Claude

Total Posts: 3
I Say... QRQC - Quick Response Quality Control - A problem solving tool

Does someone knows what is QRQC ?
I have no more information except it's related to quality tools.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 14th February 2006, 06:38 AM
Howard Atkins

Total Posts: 2,921
Welcome to the cove

I searched with google and found this which appears to be relevant *** DEAD LINK REMOVED *** this is the French version and here *** DEAD LINK REMOVED *** in English

Please feel free to visit and discuss all the time but also try to search yourself.
Please tell us if this is what you want
All the best

Quote:
he QRQC attitude: Quick Response Quality Control

How can we make more progress in quality? The future is decided in the field, by being in close touch with day-to-day production. Commitment from everybody is vital. The principle of QRQC as applied by Valeo and its suppliers.

* QRQC is a change of culture, of mindset.
* QRQC is not a tool or a system. It is a quality culture.
* Key factors for success: management commitment to the change of culture.
* The key question: What did you improve yesterday?
* Why QRQC? QRQC improves responsiveness and efficiency in problem-solving.
* How? By defining priorities and assigning responsibilities.

QRQC is based on "San Gen Shugi". What is "San Gen Shugi"?

San Gen Shugi is a Japanese expression meaning "the three reals":

* Gen-ba: the real place
* Gen-butsu: the real part
* Gen-jitsu: reality

How does one achieve success? By applying QRQC principles in the field each day, and by learning from experience in the field: NO IMAGINATION, JUST FACTS.
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 14th February 2006, 08:47 AM
Bill Ryan - 2007

Total Posts: 978
Welcome to the Cove

QRQC stands for exactly what Howard said it does, at least for one of our customers - which is a French owned company. It is a problem solving tool which incorporates the 5-Why, Fault Tree Analysis (for both Occurrence and Detection), and the 8D methodologies.
  Post Number #4  
Old 14th February 2006, 09:36 AM
Howard Atkins

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Bill Ryan

Welcome to the Cove

QRQC stands for exactly what Howard said it does, at least for one of our customers - which is a French owned company. It is a problem solving tool which incorporates the 5-Why, Fault Tree Analysis (for both Occurrence and Detection), and the 8D methodologies.
Have you any literature on it?
  Post Number #5  
Old 14th February 2006, 10:04 AM
Bill Ryan - 2007

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Howard Atkins

Have you any literature on it?
In fact, I'm leaving today for Rochester, NY, for two days training on the methodology (I guess I haven't been doing it correctly lately ). I don't know if my customer's form is proprietary or not so I won't post it until I can find out. I will share what I learn over the next two days.
  Post Number #6  
Old 14th February 2006, 10:05 AM
Howard Atkins

Thanks and have a good trip
  Post Number #7  
Old 15th February 2006, 03:47 AM
Claude

Total Posts: 3
Thanks

Thank you for your help. It's exactly what I was looking for.
Best regards
  Post Number #8  
Old 15th February 2006, 06:28 PM
Bill Ryan - 2007

So it's the end of day one and I must recant on my "definition" of above. QRQC is more than a problem solving tool. It is more of a culture or mindset which is applied to all aspects of your business. It emphasizes the "top / down" approach and also utilizes the "bottom / up" approach (with regards to communication avenues). The basis of QRQC is the rapid response to a quality/manufacturing issue, whether it's an external/internal customer or a supplier. It tries to drive C/A to the operator level, where they have control of the "event" and what they can't/don't have control over gets driven upward for necessary resources to fix the issue. One of the tools my customer has employed for documenting what happened is called the "PDCA" form which uses Factor Tree Analysis (very detailed and is directly linked to the PFMEA), 5-Why Analysis (to get to root cause), and some verification forms (along with documenting sorting/containment activities, etc.). As I mentioned before, this form "forces" you to look at all aspects of your system. This is nothing new - it is just the way our French owned customer expects (would like to see) us address issues for them.

Pretty tedious day today, and I'll review my notes closer after tomorrow's session and "finish" what my take is on what this is all about.

NOTE: My only "negative" is that this is geared more to the upper levels of management and it is only one of our customers' expectations. Many of our customers have their own, specific, means of indoctrinating a "newer" culture into the entire workforce. Hopefully my management will take what I bring back, compare it to other customers' expectations, and meld them together for a "system" that makes sense for our business.

Last edited by Bill Ryan - 2007; 17th February 2006 at 11:39 AM.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?