In Reply to Parent Post by Cognizant
I had a Job interview (with 5 big people)on Jan 23rd at plant location which was paid by the campany itself..I gave a follow up call on Jan 27 and came to Know that they r interviewing couple more people following week. After couple weeks on 02/10 I called them again and found out that decision was not made yet. I left a msg on phone , emailed the VP (key person in hiring) showing my strengths and Interest towards the Job on 02/10. In the mean time I had another Job which has to be postponed to feb 27th because of this Job's decison which I like the most. I dunno wat else to do.
I emailed VP to let me know the status of the Job at his earliest convenience...Still I have'nt heard from him....
As u guys suggested I dont want to use other job as the leverage on this Job decison making.
I called VP couple times today which went straight to msg but i dint leave any msg.
Wat s the good way / approach to know the decison.
I am planning to Call HR as well as VP tomorrow..what do u suggest???Please advice......
OK, for those of you scoring at home, here are the totals thus far:
1-27: Followup call
2-10: Followup call
2-10: E-mail to VP
Date uncertain: E-mail to VP
2-15: Two unanswered followup calls
2-16 (Tentative): Phone call to HR
Phone call to VP
This is all in addition to a thank-you letter immediately after the interview. Cognizant, do you think it might be time to back off a little? If you call these people tomorrrow, what could you possibly tell them that they don't already know? I think that at one time or another most of us have had to sit on the edge of our chairs waiting for a phone call from a prospective employer, and I know it's not easy, but you really need to back off at this point.