Elsmar Cove Forum Header Graphic The Elsmar Cove Wiki Sitemap More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar Cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
NQA-USA
Miner's MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Blog 
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Aerospace and Aviation Standards and Requirements > AS9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements
Forum Username

Wooden Line

Purchase Order (PO) Quality Clauses - AS9100 7.4.2 Purchasing Information

Search the Elsmar Cove
Search Elsmar
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
purchase order, purchasing information

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 17th July 2006, 07:24 PM
JHagani

Total Posts: 81
Please Help! Purchase Order (PO) Quality Clauses - AS9100 7.4.2 Purchasing Information

Hi,
Going through AS9100 qualification.

Can anyone help me with 7.4.2 Purchasing Information.
Any sample of an acceptable PO Quality Clauses that would satisfy this requirement?

Thanks for your assistance.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 17th July 2006, 07:58 PM
Jeff Frost

Total Posts: 641
Re: Purchase Order (PO) Quality Clauses - AS9100 7.4.2 Purchasing Information

Clause 7.4.2 of AS9100 contains a very good list of quality requirements that should go on your requirements flysheet for your POs. In addition your customers will drive additional requirements such as use of NADCAP suppliers etc.

Additionally you should add a requirement that when your suppliers quality management systems changes (I.e. obtains ISO 9001 or AS9100 or loss there in) that your organization must be notified and your requirements for first article inspection.
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 18th July 2006, 12:02 PM
JHagani

Total Posts: 81
Angry Re: Purchase Order (PO) Quality Clauses - AS9100 7.4.2 Purchasing Information

jeff,

Thanks,
I am being told our Pos do not meet all the purchase information requirements of 7.4.2 clause, ie: a) requirements for approval of product, procedures.....

This specific Po calls for a process per a prime contractor specification.
The Specification in detail calls for all required procedures, tests, inspection requirements, even personnel qualifications.

So by including this Spec in my PO, I believe I have included all information required by my supplier to complete the process.

Why do I need to add any other info?
  Post Number #4  
Old 18th July 2006, 01:30 PM
Sidney Vianna

Total Posts: 8,087

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by JHagani

I am being told our Pos do not meet all the purchase information requirements of 7.4.2 clause, ie: a) requirements for approval of product, procedures.....Why do I need to add any other info?
You have to ask the question to whomever is telling you that your POs do not satisfy the requirements.
  Post Number #5  
Old 18th July 2006, 02:37 PM
Cari Spears

Total Posts: 1,862

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Sidney Vianna

You have to ask the question to whomever is telling you that your POs do not satisfy the requirements.
Hi, JHagani

Who is telling you? An external auditor? If so,
Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by JHagani

...Pos do not meet all the purchase information requirements of 7.4.2 clause, ie: a) requirements for approval of product, procedures.....
are those the exact words on the finding?
  Post Number #6  
Old 19th July 2006, 06:56 AM
kiwisfly

Total Posts: 173

Hi Cari
I have seen the purchasing information requirement met in another way, not just the purchase order clause method. There are a number of common clauses you can include on your company standard terms and conditions, things like supplier notification of non-conforming products, right of access by customer etc, control of records retained by supplier (4.2.4), requirements to flow down applicable requirements and others..... That way every purchase order doesn't have to include all these statements, you can just include a statement invoking the ST&C's that you give the supplier the first time you use them. (Perhaps part of the supplier approval process??) Clauses then only need to include the specific technical data and requirements related to the part or assembly.

It might help to save a few trees ???

Cheers

Chris
Thanks to kiwisfly for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #7  
Old 19th July 2006, 03:23 PM
Jeff Frost

Total Posts: 641

Chris,

I would be very careful about adding quality requirements in the purchase order terms and conditions because of contract law. In many cases the suppliers terms of sale when accepted by the customer will override customers PO T&C’s making them unenforceable.

I recommend that you check with a lawyer who in competent in national contract law before placing quality requirements in the T&Cs.

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Frost; 20th July 2006 at 11:44 AM.
Thanks to Jeff Frost for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #8  
Old 12th January 2007, 03:11 AM
clara

Total Posts: 35

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Cari Spears View Post

Hi, JHagani

Who is telling you? An external auditor? If so,
are those the exact words on the finding?
Dear all,
We are in an certification audit against AS9100.
With the NC raised by the Lead Auditor :
"Purchasing information such as supplier notification of nonconformances and arrangement for disposition, right of access to premises and records, etc. which are required in the purchasing clause point g) to j) are not included in any purchasing document"

Can anyone can give me any sample of an acceptable PO Quality Clauses that would satisfy this requirement?
Thanks in advance.
Clara

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Aerospace and Aviation Standards and Requirements > AS9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?