The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO 17025 - General Metrology, Measurement Device, Calibration and Test Laboratories > ISO 17025 and related Metrology Topics - Measurement Devices, Calibration and Test Laboratories
Forum Username

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access

Click the graphic above.
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 30th September 2006, 11:31 AM
E-Mails Invalid or Rejected by Recipient System

Registration Date: Mar 2006

Thanks Given to Others: 0
Karma Power: 0
T. Crenshaw has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Please Help! Thread Gage Calibration / Verification Instruction needed

Hello folks,
I am looking for a simple instruction on how a thread gage should be calibrated and or verified on a biannual basis. Example being a thread gage manufactured by Grenfield a M8 x 1. 25-6H – Go PD 7.188 NoGo PD 7. 348. Hope someone can help!
Thanks,
TC

Sponsored Links
Old 30th September 2006, 11:36 AM
Cross Forum Moderator

Registration Date: Jan 2005

Thanks Given to Others: 2,047
Thanked 5,973 Times in 3,809 Posts
Karma Power: 1529
Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Re: Thread Gage Calibration/Verification "NEEDED"

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by T. Crenshaw View Post

Hello folks,
I am looking for a simple instruction on how a thread should be calibrated and or verified on a by annual basis. One example being a thread gage manufactured by Grenfield a M8 x 1. 25-6H – Go PD 7.188 NoGo PD 7. 348.
Hope someone can help!
Thanks,
TC

Send it out to a qualified, duly accredited calibration house. I don't mean this as any kind of affront or insult, but if you have to ask the question it means that you're probably not qualified to do the calibration. Some things are best left to the experts.

It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it. --Upton Sinclair
Sponsored Links

Old 30th September 2006, 11:45 AM
E-Mails Invalid or Rejected by Recipient System

Registration Date: Mar 2006

Thanks Given to Others: 0
Karma Power: 0
T. Crenshaw has less than 100 Karma points so far.

thank you for your quick response.

Good answer... less work for me.

thank you Jim
Old 24th October 2006, 12:14 PM
Your Elsmar Cove Host

Registration Date: Jan 1996

Thanks Given to Others: 9,454
Thanked 5,153 Times in 3,273 Posts
Karma Power: 400
Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
I Say... Re: Thread Gage Calibration/Verification "NEEDED"

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by T. Crenshaw View Post

I am looking for a simple instruction on how a thread gage should be calibrated and or verified on a biannual basis.
If anyone has an example thread gage calibration procedure, it will be appreciated.

A Search is a terrible thing to waste!
One Test is Worth 1000 Expert Opinions - The plural of anecdote is not data - Correlation does not imply Causation
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. - Unknown
Old 24th October 2006, 12:32 PM
Moderator here to help

Registration Date: Jan 2006

Thanks Given to Others: 941
Karma Power: 478
Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

Didn't find any examples of "Procedures" but found this website which is also a database and has procedures:

http://www.jblsys.com/GAGEtrak/CalPro/CALPRO.HTM

No pricing I could find in regards to software.

Maybe cover BradM, might have some type of procedure since that was his business before.

"The one thing I want to leave my children is an honorable name." "It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed." Theodore Roosevelt Chicago, IL, April 10, 1899
Old 24th October 2006, 12:33 PM
Cross Forum Moderator

Registration Date: Jan 2005

Thanks Given to Others: 2,047
Thanked 5,973 Times in 3,809 Posts
Karma Power: 1529
Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

A cheap source:
http://www.msi-viking.com/detail.asp...rid=AMTMA-2965

It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it. --Upton Sinclair
Old 24th October 2006, 12:52 PM
Forum Administrator

Registration Date: Sep 2006

Thanks Given to Others: 1,396
Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,314 Posts
Karma Power: 400
BradM is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
BradM is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BradM is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BradM is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BradM is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BradM is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BradM is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BradM is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BradM is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BradM is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BradM is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BradM is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BradM is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.BradM is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

Hey Coury!

Thread gauges are a bit out of my expertise. Wes Richardson is fairly familar with them I think.

Not sure if the OP has access to GIDEP. I am sure they would have some procedures.

I believe thread gauges have previous threads that may be of assistance.

Confused about Calibration Tolerances of Plug Gauge, Ring Gauge & Snap Gauge

Suggestions for thread rings and plugs - Old and not used for years

There are other threads here and on the ASQ site.
Old 24th October 2006, 12:58 PM
Moderator here to help

Registration Date: Jan 2006

Thanks Given to Others: 941
Karma Power: 478
Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by BradM View Post

Hey Coury!

Thread gauges are a bit out of my expertise. Wes Richardson is fairly familar with them I think.

Not sure if the OP has access to GIDEP. I am sure they would have some procedures......
I guess since you owned and operated a Calibration house (I believe) in your years before your current status, you may have been able to help with this one. But since thread gages are a special niche maybe someone else might be able to help.

Thanks for the connecting threads. I checked out GIDEP and didn't really find something, but maybe I didn't look in the right place.

Hopefully Wesley will visit soon.

"The one thing I want to leave my children is an honorable name." "It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed." Theodore Roosevelt Chicago, IL, April 10, 1899

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO 17025 - General Metrology, Measurement Device, Calibration and Test Laboratories > ISO 17025 and related Metrology Topics - Measurement Devices, Calibration and Test Laboratories

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?