Elsmar Cove Forum Header Graphic The Elsmar Cove Wiki Sitemap More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar Cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
NQA-USA
Miner's MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Blog 
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis
Forum Username

Wooden Line

Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, Morale/Man, Machine, Material, Method Spread Sheet

Search the Elsmar Cove
Search Elsmar
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 18th October 2006, 10:29 AM
Jerri Starrett

Total Posts: 2
Please Help! Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, Morale/Man, Machine, Material, Method Spread Sheet

I am building a spread sheet
EX: Man to productivity, Man to quality
Machine to productivity, Machine to quality
etc.
Ideas anyone?????
I need spreadsheet finished by Friday morning

thanks
jerri

Man Machine Material Method

Productivity

Quality

Cost

Delivery

Safety

Morale

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 18th October 2006, 10:34 AM
Jim Wynne

Total Posts: 14,077
Re: Quality, cost, delivery, safety, morale/Man, machine, material,method

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Jerri Starrett View Post

I am building a spread sheet
EX: Man to productivity, Man to quality
Machine to productivity, Machine to quality
etc.
Ideas anyone?????
I need spreadsheet finished by Friday morning

thanks
jerri

Man Machine Material Method

Productivity

Quality

Cost

Delivery

Safety

Morale
Welcome to the Cove, Jerri

Could you tell us a little more about what you're trying to accomplish? It looks like you're trying to adapt a fishbone (Ishikawa) diagram to spreadsheet form, but it's not clear what kind of information you're going to be tracking, and what you plan to do with it. Give us some more information and I'm sure someone will be able to help.
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 18th October 2006, 10:45 AM
Claes Gefvenberg

Total Posts: 4,855
Lightbulb Re: Quality, cost, delivery, safety, morale/Man, machine, material,method

Welcome to the Cove Jerri

Btw: I moved your question to this forum, hoping to attract more answers.

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Jim Wynne View Post

Give us some more information and I'm sure someone will be able to help.
Yep, what Jim said.

/Claes
  Post Number #4  
Old 18th October 2006, 10:50 AM
Jerri Starrett

Total Posts: 2

My headings are the 4 M's

I am "connecting the dots"

How can MAN, MACHINE, MATERIAL, METHOD affect Productivity, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, Morale. In other words, I need 3-4 words only that connect each of these together

EX Productivity to Material- ANSWER-material could be different from shipment to shipment. Hope this explains a little better.

thanks
jerri
  Post Number #5  
Old 18th October 2006, 10:59 AM
Jim Wynne

Total Posts: 14,077

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Jerri Starrett View Post

My headings are the 4 M's

I am "connecting the dots"

How can MAN, MACHINE, MATERIAL, METHOD affect Productivity, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, Morale. In other words, I need 3-4 words only that connect each of these together

EX Productivity to Material- ANSWER-material could be different from shipment to shipment. Hope this explains a little better.

thanks
jerri
I think the problem might be that perhaps you're going about the thing backwards. If you're going to do a fishbone-type analysis, you need to define a specific problem first, and then look for ways that it might be affected by the four (or 5) "M's." Categories such as "productivity" and "quality" are too vague, and it would be possible to list thousands of ways that people or machines could affect quality or productivity or morale.

How is the spreadsheet you're trying to devise going to be used?
  Post Number #6  
Old 18th October 2006, 11:07 AM
SteelMaiden

Total Posts: 4,194
Spread sheet: Quality, cost, delivery, safety, morale/Man, machine, material,method

Hi Jeri. I'm with the rest of the crew here. Can you give us a little more information on what you are trying to acheive? Right now it appears that your view is so broad you will have a tough time getting any real insight, at least to me. I am sure that your have a goal in mind, we just aren't quite on the same page yet.
  Post Number #7  
Old 18th October 2006, 12:40 PM
Jennifer Kirley

Total Posts: 5,568
Quality, cost, delivery, safety, morale/Man, machine, material, method Spread sheet

I'm with the rest here, it would help to know what the intent is and how you define productivity. Is it like the economists' version: The rate at which goods or services are produced especially output per unit of labor?

If so, you can compare the costs of employee related factors like I have discussed in my Stealth Quality articles 1-4, but we must be cautious in recognizng that there is a good deal more that influences the numbers that people call productivity. That's why I prefer to track the data versus use it as a concrete measure of results.

There is a cost discussion and calculator in this thread: http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread....ost+calculator and also in this thread: http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=13438&page=2

If you already know the costs of safety (a whole bunch of math similar to COPQ), delivery, morale (if measured specifically as absenteeism and turnover) and so on, you could probably plug these numbers into the pink cells of Worksheet 2 in my calculator. If you do this I suppose you'd want to change the graphs.

I hope this helps!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?