Elsmar Cove Forum Header Graphic The Elsmar Cove Wiki Sitemap More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar Cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
NQA-USA
Miner's MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Blog 
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 - Quality Management Systems > ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 - Questions and Discussions
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Implementing ISO 9001 in a school (Education)

Search the Elsmar Cove
Search Elsmar
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 13th March 2007, 11:45 AM
Chopper

Total Posts: 5
Please Help! Implementing ISO 9001 in a school (Education)

All,
I would be grateful if any of you have experience of implementing the standard in a school. A friend of mine is ready to start a project to introduce it and needs some help.

Are there any case studies here, or does any body know of a web site that could assist.

I welcome any comments.

Regards,

Chopper

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 13th March 2007, 11:58 AM
Dean Frederickson

Total Posts: 254
Re: ISO 9001 in Education

Chopper check out the threads listed at the bottom of this page ( similar threads ).
Sponsored Links

Post Number #4  
Old 13th March 2007, 06:12 PM
Randy

Total Posts: 8,275
Re: Implementing ISO 9001 in a school (Education)

If you really want to know, contact the Las Vegas Public School District. It is registered to ISO 9001:2000
  Post Number #5  
Old 30th November 2009, 02:54 AM
JW9000

Total Posts: 41

I didn't see anything about Las Vegas Public Schools adopting ISO certification. I suppose you meant Clark County (Las Vegas, NV) School District.
  Post Number #6  
Old 1st December 2009, 02:08 PM
vanputten

Total Posts: 1,068

You may want to review IWA2, Quality management systems - Guidelines for the application of ISO 9001:2000 in education

International Workshop Agreement IWA 2:2003 provides guidelines for the application of ISO 9001:2000 in educational organizations providing educational products.

These guidelines do not add to, change or modify the requirements of ISO 9001:2000, and are not intended for use in contracts for compliance assessments or for certification.

Each clause of ISO 9001:2000 is included before the corresponding text of IWA 2:2003. The whole text of ISO 9004:2000 is also included to provide a complete vision of the continual performance improvement of organizations.
  Post Number #7  
Old 1st December 2009, 11:41 PM
Randy

Total Posts: 8,275

Quote:
I didn't see anything about Las Vegas Public Schools adopting ISO certification. I suppose you meant Clark County (Las Vegas, NV) School District.
Yeah, I mispoke. A friend of mine is the Registrar (and it's not my employer)
  Post Number #8  
Old 2nd January 2010, 05:41 PM
Erick Calvo

Total Posts: 1

Well, in order to implement the standard he/she will have to document about 23 procedures, which are part of commonly 4 processes.
The four process are: Strategic Management, Academic Training (Management), Human Resources Management and Administrative Management.
The procedures could be:
Strategic Management, Organization communication, management revision, document management, document control, internal auditing, external audits
Admission, planning, follow up, non conformance service, curriculum design
Also: purchasing, contracting ( external suppliers ) , payroll, cafeteria ( if you have one )
Training and development, health and safety among others.
Then you will have to develop all these procedures, and integrate then with the qiality policy and the quality objectives, so you have indicators that are measured, and these indicators are related with the objectives, so you measure the indicators for procedure, and for process, and finally the whole quality management system.
The system will depend on the school.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 - Quality Management Systems > ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 - Questions and Discussions

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?