What is a Vendor
In Reply to Parent Post by raknaja
I just would like to ensure the meaning of them whether they are same meaning or not?
Definition: A Vendor is a person or company providing merchandise or services to a retail store. Also known as: Supplier.
General Use: Manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors and service providers can all be vendors. Most retailers separate their vendor lists into merchandise and non-merchandise vendors.
Supplier may refer to
- Manufacturer, uses tools and labor to make things for sale
- Processor (manufacturing), converts it from one form to another
- Packager (manufacturing), encloses products for distribution, storage, sale, and use
- Distributor (business), the middleman between the manufacturer and retailer
- Wholesaler, sells goods or merchandise to retailers
- Dealership, local franchised distribution
Within the context of quality management systems, the meaning is identical.