The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Miner's MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Blog   Elsmar.com Forum Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Archived - Students and Educational Institutions > Archived - Student Research Questions - Any Educational Institution
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access

Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 13th November 2007, 03:23 PM
Semmi

Please Help! KPIs for Verification Processes - Masters Thesis

Hi!

I'm writing my master thesis about benchmarking a quality management system for medical device manufacturer.

We splitted the qms into several processes.

Currently we try to benchmark our designverification process.
Main objects are the ressources we spent on this process (Time, Capital, Material)

I am trying to think up several kpis to measure our verification process and make it compareable.

I defied the designverfication process into Planning, Testing, Reporting.
These processes take place at 2 levels. Component level, Subsystem level.

Currently I just can think of time, material, money spent at each step.
Reverifing due to design changes.

To make these numbers comparable i try to use the total development time, budget, amount of specifications to be verified.

Do u have any kpis in mind or that you use?

Thanks for helping me!

Last edited by Semmi; 13th November 2007 at 03:36 PM.

Sponsored Links
Old 20th November 2007, 10:15 PM
harry

Re: KPIs for Verification Processes - Masters Thesis

Anybody can help Semmi out??
Sponsored Links

Old 21st November 2007, 12:20 AM
BradM

Re: KPIs for Verification Processes - Masters Thesis

Semmi,

Take a look at my paper posted on Data Envelopment Analysis. It might be an alternative.

http://elsmar.com/Forums/showpost.ph...77&postcount=1

Is this benchmark within one organization? How are you choosing which will be the ideal benchmark? I would think part of your thesis should focus on determining the factors for the benchmarking verification process.

KPI might be Change Controls issued during the process. Also, if these are done in classic Project Management fashion, I would think you should have clear resources and time expectations set out initially. So, maybe you could develop a %deviation from the initial expections as a KPI.

Given who the customer is, you might be able to have a short survey/ follow-up with them on how well the product meet expectations.

Anyway, just some random thoughts for you. Not sure if any of it helps.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Archived - Students and Educational Institutions > Archived - Student Research Questions - Any Educational Institution

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?