Elsmar Cove Forum Header Graphic The Elsmar Cove Wiki Sitemap More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar Cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
NQA-USA
NQA-USA
Miner's MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Blog 
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO/TS 16949 - International Automotive Quality Systems Standard
Forum Username

Wooden Line

AIAG release of TR 16949

Search the Elsmar Cove
Search Elsmar
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 30th July 1999, 08:46 AM
Roger Eastin

Total Posts: 471
AIAG release of TR 16949

Just a note: I tried to purchase TR16949 from AIAG, but I was told that it would not be available until the 4th quarter of this year.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 3rd August 1999, 03:51 AM
Richard Sadler

Total Posts: n/a
I Say...

I got a copy of ISO/TS16949 from the British Standards Institute. Their website is at http:\\www.bsi.org.uk\. The document is UKú50 for 'subscribers', or UKú100 for non-subscribers.
I saw 2003 as a possible date for implementing it as an International Standard.
If nothing else, it's written more clearly than the QS9000 documents!
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 3rd August 1999, 09:20 AM
Lassitude

Cool

That's a REAL ripoff cost wise. 100 pounds is like $200 isn't it?
  Post Number #4  
Old 3rd August 1999, 09:36 AM
Roger Eastin

Yeah, Lassitude, you're right as far as the price goes from BSI. The cost from AIAG is 10 or 15 bucks! My question, though, is even if you get the standard, what can you do with it? There are not auditor qualifications as far as I know, nor items detailed such as audit frequency, customer specific areas,etc. It's funny - I would never have thought to check with BSI because I am so used to the AIAG being the clearing house for QS-style automotive standards (in the US anyway).
  Post Number #5  
Old 4th August 1999, 02:51 AM
Richard Sadler

Question

With respect to what you can do with the standard, the foreword states that "...a common global certification scheme has been developed and must be followed. Customer-specific requirements supplemental to this Technical Specification shall be incuded in audit in order obtain customer recognition of such certification."
Details of the certification procedure can be gained from organisations supporting the IATF.
Guess what?
This points you straight back to the AIAG.
  Post Number #6  
Old 9th August 1999, 11:22 AM
Mike525

Are any of the big 3 accepting certification to TR16949? I thought I saw something from Ford saying TR16949 was acceptable as a Quality System standard, and they would recognize certification to the standard, but I can't seem to recall or locate the source.
  Post Number #7  
Old 9th August 1999, 12:08 PM
Roger Eastin

I would be surprised if any of the Big 3 accepted registrations at this time. In fact, I am not sure how any auditor could register anyone at this point, because, as far as I know anyway, there are not auditor requirements published yet, nor are the customer requirements of TR16949 published yet. It seems as if we have heard more from the European part of the world with respect to registration. Anyone else?
  Post Number #8  
Old 22nd August 1999, 03:27 PM
pdboilermaker

BIG Smile

Just purchased "TS16949" from ASQ. I understand that this is it, the final release that you can be registerd to. Cost was 24.00
Dean Hill

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO/TS 16949 - International Automotive Quality Systems Standard

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?