Elsmar Cove Forum Header Graphic The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Miner's MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Blog 
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Stop Gap - Definition - What does "stop gap" mean? - Page 2

Wooden Line
Search the Elsmar Cove
Search Elsmar
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
definitions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 10th July 2008, 12:31 PM
Wes Bucey

Re: What does "stop gap" mean?

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Stijloor View Post

I had no idea about this story until I came to the USA....

Stijloor.
Just illustrates how old I really am - even my grammar school teachers were under the impression the story was based on an exaggerated tale of a real event - I didn't learn the truth until college (no instant knowledge via internet back then!) Same thing about the putative hero of the novel - Hans Brinker - We even had skating races in Chicago which were "Silver Skates" because our civic leaders were under the impression "Hans Brinker" was a retelling of an actual race, just "novelized" with the story of Hans and his sister.

Sponsored Links
Old 10th July 2008, 12:34 PM
Stijloor

Re: What does "stop gap" mean?

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Wes Bucey View Post

Just illustrates how old I really am - even my grammar school teachers were under the impression the story was based on an exaggerated tale of a real event - I didn't learn the truth until college (no instant knowledge via internet back then!) Same thing about the putative hero of the novel - Hans Brinker - We even had skating races in Chicago which were "Silver Skates" because our civic leaders were under the impression "Hans Brinker" was a retelling of an actual race, just "novelized" with the story of Hans and his sister.
A great story nevertheless...had to reveal the truth a few times though...

Stijloor.
Sponsored Links

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?