Elsmar Cove Forum Header Graphic The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Miner's MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Blog 
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis > Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools / Solutions
Forum Username

Wooden Line

ETQ Quality & Compliance Software - Opinions or Reviews wanted

Wooden Line
Search the Elsmar Cove
Search Elsmar
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
eqt, software (general topics)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 2nd August 2008, 10:54 PM
Bigfoot

Thank You! ETQ Quality & Compliance Software - Opinions or Reviews wanted

Anyone here using ETQ software? We are having a demo this week.

http://www.etq.com/

Sponsored Links
Old 5th August 2008, 07:28 PM
GStough

Re: ETQ Quality & Compliance software - Opinions or Reviews wanted

We don't use it, but I would be interested in your opinion after the demo. What did you like/dislike about it?
Sponsored Links

Old 5th August 2008, 09:23 PM
Bigfoot

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by GStough View Post

We don't use it, but I would be interested in your opinion after the demo. What did you like/dislike about it?
Gidget,
The EtQ software demo was very impressive. It looks to have a lot of functionality, is easy to use, flexible, & configurable to the business needs of the organization. It has some cool features like generating an Internal Audit checklist that you can complete off line, then when you attach it to the Audit Report in the system it 'pushes' the text of the attachment into the database.

An interesting tidbit that I picked up is that the principles who started EtQ were both Lead Assessors for UL before starting the company.

Disclaimer: I do not work for nor have I ever worked for EtQ.

Overall I'd give the out of the box version 4 1/2 out of 5 stars.
Thanks to Bigfoot for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 12th February 2011, 09:21 AM
wenricks

Lightbulb Re: ETQ Quality & Compliance software - Opinions or Reviews wanted

It is always best to get what you need to enhance your craft. This best practice software will definitely help you get an ace in your game.
Old 22nd February 2011, 01:46 AM
Kleppy

My company is recently evaluating between EtQ and Trackwise, and I'm wondering if you have already implemented EtQ (since this post was originally posted back in 2008), and that what you think of it so far? Thanks
Old 22nd February 2011, 03:52 PM
jonpaulson

Re: ETQ Quality & Compliance Software - Opinions or Reviews wanted

Kleppy, I too am involved in evaluating QMS software. The company I work for is a large multi national. We have evaluated Intelex, ETQ, Pilgrim, Quality On-Line and SAP. The main requirements we have are: a system which is user configurable, a stable company which can grow with us and within budget (cost of the suite, licenses and internal hosting costs). Initially we created a list of general business requirements for each of the following processes: training, nonconformity/customer complaint, audit, risk, change and documentation. We then requested demonstrations from each of the companies (2 - 2 hr demos from each) and test environments. Each vendor provided a test environment except for ETQ, who requested an ETQ support person assist in the test environment evaluation. Evaluations against our business requirements were completed using both the recorded demos and the test environments. We are currently collecting all evaluations and hoping to proceed to the Proof of Concept stage. If we are happy with the POC we'll proceed with the purchase.

Summary of ETQ evaluation

Pros
Simplicity of modules
Streamlined workflow and look
New system without existing perceptions (vs. our current system)
High degree of configurability available
Future costs related to customizations
Architecture requires a lower level of system resources (Java vs. .NET - based on internal hosting)
Initial cost
Ability to add additional areas of business in the future
Breadth of suite
Workflow direction provided to user
Concurrent user structure
Reduced configuration time (due to user configurablity)
Interoperability of modules and data
Greater potential to meet all existing or future requirements
Cons
New system requiring longer rollout
High degree of configurability available allowing a non-standardized way of working
Complex system requiring additional resources
Governance and support models may be more difficult to setup and maintain due to the configurability of the system

I'd like to hear your evaluation of these systems when you complete.

If anyone currently using ETQ is willing to discuss their experiences via phone I'd appreciate the opportunity for a Q&A.

Jonathan Paulson

Last edited by jonpaulson; 24th February 2011 at 03:18 PM.
Thanks to jonpaulson for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 22nd February 2011, 04:18 PM
Quality-Geek

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Bigfoot View Post

Anyone here using ETQ software? We are having a demo this week.

http://www.etq.com/
We have the CAPA module. I like it for the most part, although having only 1 module makes things a little more difficult. We got it 2 years ago and have been using it heavily just about since day1. We were supposed to get hte rest of the modules a year ago and budgets were cut...same thing happened this year. So, keep in mind that my opinion is probably a little narrow since I haven't seen how all the modules can work together to make my life a little easier.

It's very easy to look at any CAPA to see who is assigned, check the progress, or help out (or nag ) when needed. The e-mail alerts are very helpful but are easy to ignore. (Of course, any e-mail is easy to ignore!) It's harder for me to look for trends based on part numbers or specific defects. I believe this is because we don't have all the modules. Some users have had a hard time getting used to the database but that appears to be a function of computer experience and skills. I really liked how easy it was to set it up for us. I also like that we could link all sister plants to this. (So far, Corporate and each North America sister plant has seen it and been impressed. Too bad we all have budgets that we have to live in!)

Cons have been largely in the training. As I said, some people have had a hard time with it. That would be true regardless of which system we would have chosen.

Overall, I give it a 4 out of 5. Hope that helps!
Thanks to Quality-Geek for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 22nd February 2011, 10:03 PM
Kleppy

Jonathan,

Thank you for the very detailed reply, it is very helpful.

My company is also multi national although on the smaller end, and after the initial round of evaluation, we've narrowed it down to MasterControl, Trackwise, and EtQ, based on our needs (documentation, complaints and capa were the main focuses, and we wanted project and risk management if possible). MasterControl was first to go as they were way over the budget if we wanted all of the functionality from them.
We then have them perform 2~3 demos on the different functions and requested trial play-around sessions with the software. EtQ actually opened up accounts on their demo server for my company to log on and play around with the functions, and Trackwise come on-site for us to connect to their "portable server" and we were able to test it out as well.

Generally speaking, the summary of our EtQ evaluation is pretty similar to yours, however, we do have a concern regarding their regulatory compliance as during the demo, the demonstrator sounded vaguely unsure of EtQ's capabilities. This could just be caused by the demonstrator is not as knowledgable as he should be, or maybe the Asia-Pacific representative (SeerPharma) just isn't as familiar with EtQ?

Trackwise is very strong in regulatory compliance and has a large and positive presense in international pharmaceutical companies, also highly configurable, not modular based, but the initial cost is rather unfriendly and it does not support Macs.

Visually, EtQ is rather similar to Trackwise, EtQ's dashboard is a little more user friendly, although EtQ's processing time does seem longer.

In the end, I believe we will be choosing EtQ, as we're somewhat limited by the budget, and that the Trackwise brandname cannot justify the price difference we are seeing.
Thanks to Kleppy for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis > Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools / Solutions

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?