Difference between Gage R&R and Round Robin testing?

V

Voyteck79

Hi all

Could someone explain what is a different between R&R and Round Robin Systems?

RoundRobin (internal) is call in Nadcap specifications.

Thanks for help
Best regards

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
R&R is a method for determining both the Repeatability and Reproducibility of a single measurement device.

Wikipedia reference-linkRound_robin_test - Round Robin testing focuses primarily on the Reproducibility aspect and typically covers multiple measurement devices and or test methods.

V

Voyteck79

So, if i do R&R for hardness testers, IGA/IGO, microhardness etc., could i tell, that i meet NAdcap reqiurements for RoundRobun (int), during audit?

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
So, if i do R&R for hardness testers, IGA/IGO, microhardness etc., could i tell, that i meet NAdcap reqiurements for RoundRobun (int), during audit?

No. Round-robin testing (in this context) is done between different laboratories. There's a basic description of the process here.

A

andygr

Make sure that you have all your folks that perform this testing involved in the round robin ( even those that do it only every now and then). Missing some one who has done the testing in the past year ( they look at the records) will result in a finding.
Also make sure that you you set a statisticly valid confidance level at 95% for evaluation of the results from the opperators. If they are out side this then you need to have documented action addressing the variation.
:2cents:

U

Umang Vidyarthi

Hi all

Could someone explain what is a different between R&R and RoundRobin Systems?

RoundRobin (internal) is call in Nadcap specifications.

Thanks for help
Best regards

Miner has given the correct distinction between the two.

Let me elaborate further. The term "Round Robin" is usually associated with sports, and in the school/college days we use to play "Round Robin" tourneys, in which all the teams/participants are pitted against each other i.e. every one plays against every one else; in order to bring forth the best. This is different from the knock-out system, which does not 'always' bring out the best.

Similarly, "Round Robin Test/Analysis" is performed severally, involving multiple appraisers, equipments and methods, pitting them against each other using all the permutations & combinations, to bring out the best of the results.

BTW the "Round Robin" is of french origin 'ruban rond' meaning- round ribbon.

Umang :D

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
In this case i mean Internal RounRobin.

If you are doing this internally it is not technically a round robin. unless each "tester" is furnished with his own samples, each participant is using all separate equipment for preparing the samples as well as separate testing equipment. Otherwise you are performing some sort of hybrid GR&R

A

andygr

The Nadcap HT task group acknowledges that what they are requiring is not a true Round Robin but non the less it is a requirement and failure to follow their guidlines will result in a finding being issued.
For those that wonder what these are attached is that applicable section.
:2cents:

Attachments

• NadcapHTRR.doc
    92.5 KB · Views: 325
Top Bottom