The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > National and International Business Standards and Requirements > Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 10th September 2008, 01:40 PM
Involved in Discussions

Registration Date: Jun 2006

Thanks Given to Others: 6
Karma Power: 33
AmandaMusser has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Please Help! NSA/CSS Policy Manual No. 3-16

I'm hoping that someone can help point me in the right direction with this...

We have a potential customer who is asking us to look into NSA/CSS Policy Manual No. 3-16. I cannot seem to locate this document anywhere! I've been to the DoD, and every other place that Google pointed me and then I thought if anyone could help, it would be my fellow Covers!

Thanks in advance!
Amanda

Sponsored Links
Old 10th September 2008, 02:06 PM
Moderator here to help

Registration Date: Jan 2006

Thanks Given to Others: 941
Karma Power: 477
Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Re: NSA/CSS Policy Manual No. 3-16

I even searched the NSA/CSS site at www.nsa.gov and couldn't find anything. It must be one of those classified policy manuals.

"The one thing I want to leave my children is an honorable name." "It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed." Theodore Roosevelt Chicago, IL, April 10, 1899
Sponsored Links

Old 10th September 2008, 02:11 PM
Involved in Discussions

That's what I've been running into... I can find quite a bit on COMSEC, but nothing about NSA Policy Manual No. 3-16.
Old 10th September 2008, 02:13 PM
Moderator here to help

Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by AmandaMusser View Post

That's what I've been running into... I can find quite a bit on COMSEC, but nothing about NSA Policy Manual No. 3-16.
Where has this requirement been flowed down to you, Contract/Purchase Order?

"The one thing I want to leave my children is an honorable name." "It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed." Theodore Roosevelt Chicago, IL, April 10, 1899
Old 10th September 2008, 02:15 PM
Involved in Discussions

The Director of Sales is requesting it for a potential new customer. He would like me to look into it to see if we wish to persue it.
Old 10th September 2008, 02:20 PM
Cross Forum Moderator

Registration Date: May 2006

Thanks Given to Others: 344
Karma Power: 59
Dean Frederickson is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.Dean Frederickson is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.Dean Frederickson is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.Dean Frederickson is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.Dean Frederickson is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.Dean Frederickson is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.Dean Frederickson is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.Dean Frederickson is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.

Try this Amanda, I googled "NSA/CSS Policy Manual No. 3-16" and it had info there. I don't know if it was what you are looking for but it had a lot of information here. [DOC]
TASK WORK SPECIFICATION. Hope this helps.

P.O.W. M.I.A. NEVER FORGET / U.S.ARMY VETERAN
PATRIOT GUARD RIDER and AMERICAN LEGION RIDER
Old 10th September 2008, 02:33 PM
Involved in Discussions

Hey Dean... I already tried that search as well. The Task Work Specification seems to be a draft for the Air Force. It even references NSA/CSS Policy Manual 3-16. I sure wish the NSA would make these a little easier to find!
Old 10th September 2008, 02:41 PM
Moderator here to help

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by AmandaMusser View Post

Hey Dean... I already tried that search as well. The Task Work Specification seems to be a draft for the Air Force. It even references NSA/CSS Policy Manual 3-16. I sure wish the NSA would make these a little easier to find!
That is why they are the National Security Agency (NSA).

I would try to avoid the possible business that requires the NSA/CSS Policy Manual 3-16, just because...it apparently can not be found.

You may want to try and email the NSA and ask.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > National and International Business Standards and Requirements > Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?