The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Miner's MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Blog   Elsmar.com Forum Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Aerospace and Aviation Standards and Requirements > AS9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements
Forum Username

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access

Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
specifications (general term), safety (general)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 6th November 2008, 09:53 AM
RCW

Question Is there a Specification for safety wire installation - Aerospace, SAE or otherwise

Does anybody know if there is an aerospace spec, SAE or otherwise, for the installation of safety wire? We tie down a connector jam nut for a device we manufacture but I cannot justify the method we use.

Sponsored Links
Old 6th November 2008, 10:25 AM
andygr

Re: Spec for safety wire installation

Give NASM 33540 a try.
Many folks write their own internal doc.It can allways get intresting when there is a differance of opinion on what is the "right" criteria to use. The approved design data allways wins so for us our TSO data is the law.
Sponsored Links

Old 6th November 2008, 06:50 PM
Randy

Re: Is there a Specification for safety wire installation - Aerospace, SAE or otherwi

Take a look at the attached. I'm on the road and don't have access to my mechanics manuals, but I'm an A&P and lockwire can look like what I have here.
Attached Files: 1. Scan for viruses before using, 2. Please report any 'bad' files by Reporting this post, 3. Use at your Own Risk.
File Type: doc The Use of Lock Wire.doc (47.5 KB, 80 views)
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:41 PM
cmark74

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by andygr View Post

Give NASM 33540 a try.
Many folks write their own internal doc.It can allways get intresting when there is a differance of opinion on what is the "right" criteria to use. The approved design data allways wins so for us our TSO data is the law.
Does anyone have the NASM33540 standard in pdf format? I would appreciate if you can attach it here or contact me.
Thank you.
Old 23rd July 2009, 02:07 AM
Stijloor

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by cmark74 View Post

Does anyone have the NASM33540 standard in pdf format? I would appreciate if you can attach it here or contact me.
Thank you.

The Standard can be purchased here. Copyrighted documents can not be requested on The Cove Forums.

Hope this helps.

Stijloor, Forum Moderator.
Old 23rd July 2009, 08:40 PM
cmark74

Understood. Thank you Mr Stijloor.
Old 26th July 2009, 10:14 PM
AEOS_QA

Re: Is there a Specification for safety wire installation - Aerospace, SAE or otherwi

Try to google FAA advisory circular AC 43.13-1B Chapter 7. The complete hard-copy volume "Acceptable methods, techniques, and practices aircraft inspection and repair". Individual chapters are usually available for download.
Old 26th July 2009, 10:36 PM
cmark74

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by AEOS_QA View Post

Try to google FAA advisory circular AC 43.13-1B Chapter 7. The complete hard-copy volume "Acceptable methods, techniques, and practices aircraft inspection and repair". Individual chapters are usually available for download.
Thank you Mr AEOS_QA for the recommendation of the FAA advisory circular AC 43.13-1B Chapter 7. Very useful indeed.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Aerospace and Aviation Standards and Requirements > AS9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?