Elsmar Cove Forum Header Graphic The Elsmar Cove Wiki Sitemap More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar Cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
NQA-USA
NQA-USA
Miner's MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Blog 
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 - Quality Management Systems > ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 - Questions and Discussions > ISO 9001:2008 Status (Archived Discussions - For Reference Only)
Forum Username

Wooden Line

ISO 9001:2008 Status Forum to be closed on 18 November 2008

Search the Elsmar Cove
Search Elsmar
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 17th November 2008, 01:57 PM
Marc

Total Posts: 24,472
Read This! ISO 9001:2008 Status Forum to be closed on 18 November 2008

Because ISO 9001:2008 has been released, this forum will be closed to new posts and new threads on 18 November 2008.
Thanks to Marc for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 17th November 2008, 02:26 PM
Wes Bucey

Total Posts: 10,982
Question Re: ISO 9001:2008 Status and Information Forum to be closed on 18 November 2008

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Marc View Post

Because ISO 9001:2008 has been released, this forum will be closed to new posts and new threads on 18 November 2008.
I anticipate a lot of questions over the next few months on WHERE to obtain a copy of the 2008 version. Shall we start a new thread just to include lists of WHERE to buy together with prices? I recall various sources had prices ranging from reasonable to ridiculous for the 2000 version.

For example I got an email today from ASQ on purchase price for electronic copies and a link to "preorder" hard copies (which apparently are not yet ready at ASQ.)

The ASQ price includes a discount for ASQ members
Quote:
ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9001-2008: Quality management systems – Requirements (e-Standard)
Note: You cannot print or share electronic standards. The file contains a secure watermark to protect the copyright. E-Standards purchases are non-refundable.
This standard specifies requirements for a quality management system where an organization:
  • needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide product that meets customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, and
  • aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for continual improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.

All requirements of ISO 9001:2008 are generic and are intended to be applicable to all organizations, regardless of type, size and product provided.

To purchase a Site License of this standard to post on your company's Local Area Network or Intranet, visit our Site License home page.

PDF. File Size 785 KB. 40 pages. 2008
Item: T860E
Member Price: $76.00
List/Forum-Division Price: $95.00
Hard copy will be shipped by November 24, 2008 (hard copy - soft cover)
at the same price as single-user electronic copy

Sadly, the ASQ website is not yet geared to sell site licenses for this Standard - keep checking!

The hard fact is an organization aiming at registration to the Standard "should" have its own copy. It seems to make sense to assure the copy is "legal," not pirated!
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 17th November 2008, 02:37 PM
Marc

Re: ISO 9001:2008 Status and Information Forum to be closed on 18 November 2008

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Wes Bucey View Post

The hard fact is an organization aiming at registration to the Standard "should" have its own copy. It seems to make sense to assure the copy is "legal," not pirated!
I'm pretty sure having a copy of the 2008 standard will be mandatory.

I don't care if a new thread is started, but it should be started in the main ISO 9001 forum.
  Post Number #4  
Old 17th November 2008, 02:51 PM
Wes Bucey

Total Posts: 10,982

Quote:

I'm pretty sure having a copy of the 2008 standard will be mandatory.

I don't care if a new thread is started, but it should be started in the main ISO 9001 forum.
I don't recall a "shall" in the Standard which says it is mandatory to have a legal copy or ANY copy - hence the reason I put "should" in quotes!
  Post Number #5  
Old 17th November 2008, 03:03 PM
Marc

I think it is usually it's a registrar requirement.
  Post Number #6  
Old 18th November 2008, 08:08 AM
Sidney Vianna

Total Posts: 8,085

Quote:

I think it is usually it's a registrar requirement.
I don't think CB's have such requirement. Actually, the last thrust of posts in the The Next version of ISO 9001 - Any news? thread is exactly about the need (or not) for currently certified organizations to even spend the money and get a copy of the amended standard.
  Post Number #7  
Old 18th November 2008, 11:14 AM
Russ Jackson

Total Posts: 22
Re: ISO 9001:2008 Status Forum to be closed on 18 November 2008

Probably every certified quality system has a requirement relative to paragraph 4.2.3 Document Control "to ennsure that documents of external origin are identified and controlled." If, at some point, you claim that your system is compliant with the ISO 9001:2008 how can you do so without having a copy of the latest standard available to you? Yes, we know there are no significant changes but that does not eliminate the need for having a copy in your quality system. It is a good example, for everyone else in the organization who must also keep systems current, if those responsible have access to external documents required for effective implementation of the QMS.
  Post Number #8  
Old 18th November 2008, 12:01 PM
Sidney Vianna

Total Posts: 8,085
Re: ISO 9001:2008 Status Forum to be closed on 18 November 2008

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Russ Jackson View Post

how can you do so without having a copy of the latest standard available to you?
This has been exhaustively discussed in the other thread I had mentioned in my previous post.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 - Quality Management Systems > ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 - Questions and Discussions > ISO 9001:2008 Status (Archived Discussions - For Reference Only)

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?