The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 - Quality Management Systems > ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 - Questions and Discussions
Forum Username

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access

Click the graphic above.
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
template(s), forms and templates (general), processes (general)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 25th November 2008, 12:03 AM
Inactive Registered Visitor

Registration Date: Apr 2008

Thanks Given to Others: 5
Karma Power: 28
ahmed_hasan has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Thank You! Process description template - Please review

Hi everyone

GM asked me to write a process description template to be as a guide for our staff to describe processes they are involved in. I wrote this description and I wanna know your comments if I missed some parts or I wrote parts twice.

I am little bit confused about the process objectives part and criteria for effectiveness part and I have the feeling that they have something in common. I need clarification with examples if applicable because I am gonna to present this template for all the employees.

I wann know your comments, advices and suggestion plz

attached: process description- guidance on writing procedure-guidance on writing WI

Thanks for your help

Regards
Ahmed
Attached Files: 1. Scan for viruses before using, 2. Please report any 'bad' files by Reporting this post, 3. Use at your Own Risk.
File Type: doc Process des.1.doc (44.0 KB, 317 views)
File Type: doc writing procedure.doc (32.0 KB, 371 views)
File Type: doc writing WI.doc (29.0 KB, 214 views)

Sponsored Links
Old 25th November 2008, 04:15 AM
Appreciated Information Resource

Registration Date: Oct 2006

Thanks Given to Others: 384
Thanked 1,013 Times in 582 Posts
Karma Power: 184
Colin is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Colin is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Colin is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Colin is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Colin is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Colin is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Colin is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Colin is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Colin is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Colin is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Colin is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Colin is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Re: Process description template - Please review

Ahmed, on first looking, the information you have created looks good. However, I am someone who is involved in developing and auditing quality management systems. I wonder how it will look to someone (e.g. a process owner) who has little understanding of what we try to achieve.

So, I think you may have to consider some training for the people who will be required to develop the procedures. I am sure you have heard the adage:

What I hear I forget
What I see I remember
What I do I understand

I suggest you get these people together in a room and go through a couple of examples with them, then get them to go away and try it. You can then get them together again to review how the activity went.

If you think training is expensive, try ignorance
Sponsored Links

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 - Quality Management Systems > ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 - Questions and Discussions

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?