The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Medical Devices, Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics > Medical Device Related Regulations > Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide
Forum Username

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access

Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
anvisa, brazil, cadastre process (simplified registration), mdr (medical device regulations), medical device company or industry, medical devices (general), registration to a standard
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average. Display Modes
Old 10th December 2009, 08:44 AM
Involved in Discussions

Registration Date: May 2009

Thanks Given to Others: 16
Karma Power: 25
Paramedic has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Re: Medical Device Registration Process in Brazil - Anvisa

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by mmantunes View Post

No, as i said before, devices under RDC 24 (cadastre) are exept from the need to send the certificate in the registration petition.

This applies (RDC 25) to class II and IV devices, IVD devices of class II, III and IIIA and devices under IN 13 (the exceptions of RDC 24).
Halllo Marcelo,
I have just studied IN13/09. In my opinion, the exeptions of RDC24 are listed in IN07/09. The scope of IN13/09 is the documentation which has to be submitted for the registration.

Sponsored Links
Old 10th December 2009, 08:48 AM
Involved in Discussions

Can anyonme tell me how subcontractors will be audited, please ? Does ANVISA perform the audit of the sucontractors by reviewing the audit reports of the Legal Manufacturer ?
Sponsored Links

Old 10th December 2009, 08:51 AM
Addicted to standards

Registration Date: Mar 2006

Thanks Given to Others: 343
Thanked 1,775 Times in 944 Posts
Karma Power: 298
Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Send a message via ICQ to Marcelo Antunes Send a message via MSN to Marcelo Antunes Send a message via Skype™ to Marcelo Antunes

Quote:
Halllo Marcelo,
I have just studied IN13/09. In my opinion, the exeptions of RDC24 are listed in IN07/09. The scope of IN13/09 is the documentation which has to be submitted for the registration.
Yes, the type of products that are exempt are "described" in IN 07, but what i tried to say is that IN 13 generally aplies to the exemptions of RDC 24, not that RDC 24 describes what is exempt.

I'm a moderator on the medical device forums, so if you need help with something, feel free to ask!
Old 10th December 2009, 09:07 AM
Addicted to standards

Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marcelo Antunes is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Send a message via ICQ to Marcelo Antunes Send a message via MSN to Marcelo Antunes Send a message via Skype™ to Marcelo Antunes

Quote:
Can anyonme tell me how subcontractors will be audited, please ? Does ANVISA perform the audit of the sucontractors by reviewing the audit reports of the Legal Manufacturer ?
From what Anvisa is declaring, depending on how critical, to the manufacturing process, is the work perform by the third party Anvisa will audit this third party (the main concern of Anvisa is to audit the critical parts, not an "office" with a lot of papers).

Incidently, yesterday the head of the medical device pre-market division of Anvisa told that they have done 40 foreign inspections and will do more 30 this year, and that Anvisa expects to perform 400 next year. Some more detailed information will be available after i talk with people that was audited (because this is a new process and some of the details aren´t yet well defined).

I'm a moderator on the medical device forums, so if you need help with something, feel free to ask!
Old 10th December 2009, 09:09 AM
Addicted to standards

Quote:
Could anyone point me in the right direction with regard to medical device regulations for registering a class II medical device.
RDC 185 is the general registry reg, but we have right now RDC 24 and IN 13 (as mentiones in the other replies for this thread). Depending on you product, you might need a cadastre (RDC 24) or a registry (IN 13).

Old 10th December 2009, 10:01 AM
Involved in Discussions

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by mmantunes View Post

From what Anvisa is declaring, depending on how critical, to the manufacturing process, is the work perform by the third party Anvisa will audit this third party (the main concern of Anvisa is to audit the critical parts, not an "office" with a lot of papers).

Incidently, yesterday the head of the medical device pre-market division of Anvisa told that they have done 40 foreign inspections and will do more 30 this year, and that Anvisa expects to perform 400 next year. Some more detailed information will be available after i talk with people that was audited (because this is a new process and some of the details aren´t yet well defined).
But how will ANVISA do this if we have for example 50 (or more) subcontractors ? For us it would become cost- and time-expensive and for ANVISA time-expensive.

Another question that I have is: Will the audit be concerned on products/product groups and the certificate issued accordingly ? For example: If I want to get a GMP-Certificate for a product range from product groups A to G - do I have to be audited for EACH product group, or can a representative product (for example C) be audited and the other product groups are also covered ?
Old 10th December 2009, 10:07 AM
Addicted to standards

Quote:
But how will ANVISA do this if we have for example 50 (or more) subcontractors ? For us it would become cost- and time-expensive and for ANVISA time-expensive.
They will have to decide what to do on each case. As Anvisa will only have the tax fee to pay for the inpections, they will have to compromise on something.

Please keep in mind that there will be a lot of impossible situations in this process, but what is clear is that Anvisa will do something. The amin problem here is that the level of impredictability will only get worse.

Quote:
Another question that I have is: Will the audit be concerned on products/product groups and the certificate issued accordingly ? For example: If I want to get a GMP-Certificate for a product range from product groups A to G - do I have to be audited for EACH product group, or can a representative product (for example C) be audited and the other product groups are also covered ?
These are two questions. these kind of "product ranges' are usually registered as a family, if that´s what you mean.

In the case of inspections, again, the point is the manufacturing process. ig the manufacturing process is for all products in the range, then you will only audit this.

Old 10th December 2009, 10:22 AM
Involved in Discussions

Sorry, I am not sure if I understood correctly. For example: I have a surgical laser system, endoscopic equipment, instruments etc.
If only for example the endoscopic equipment is audited: will this be sufficient for all the other kinds of products (laser, instruments,....) ?
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Medical Devices, Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics > Medical Device Related Regulations > Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?