The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Nonconformance and Corrective Action
Forum Username

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access

Click the graphic above.
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 18th February 2000, 07:01 PM
Bryan
Unregistered Guest

Question CAR/PAR Systems

During our ISO Audits we always seem to get a ding on our CAR/PAR system. So again we are reviewing our system. We recently have started a change to a more centralized process, (CAR Coordinator, Master log for tracking, Central file of closed CARS). I am looking into ideas of what others do in there systems to make it sucessful?? How is tracking done, how to get internal/ external replies in a timely manor, control of the system. One of our weak areas is participation/response.

Also, to help me understand PARS more correctly, how are PARS generated from CARS ??

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. And I thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 21st February 2000, 07:11 PM
Inactive Registered Visitor

Registration Date: Jan 1997

Thanks Given to Others: 0
Karma Power: 74
George Trybulski has less than 100 Karma points so far.
BIG Smile

I have a fairy good system using Microsoft Access. You name it and it will track it including printing out CARs, (I'm not familar with PARs ) but will generate SCARS, Waivers, Deviation reports.It can be customized to include any critera that your systems tracks. As to timely responses, persistance is the only answer ! If you want more info, contatt me at gtrybulski@gillettemachine.com
Sponsored Links

Old 22nd February 2000, 06:39 AM
An Early Cover

Registration Date: Jun 1999

Karma Power: 89
Andy Bassett has less than 100 Karma points so far.
I dont know how big you are. But i once saw in a fairly big Auotmotive Manufacturer a centralied system whereby problems were logged into a system, distributed to the correct person and booked out again when they were solved.

The advantage is that you can weekly/monthly publish a statistics of which person/dept/area has the most amount of open points. This tends to help.

I tried to implement this in a company of 200 people and it was a complete administrative pain.

I am also interested to hear of other peoples solutions.

Regards
Old 22nd February 2000, 06:43 AM
An Early Cover

Registration Date: Jun 1999

Karma Power: 89
Andy Bassett has less than 100 Karma points so far.
I forgot to mention that in a smaller comopany i am currently implementing a system whereby red 'Suspect' stickers are printed on a role in twos (ie two stickers with the same Serial number) and placed in the manufacturing area.

When a suspect part is located one sticker is put on the part directly, and the other is placed on the left-hand column of a A3 sheet alos located in the production area. QC are responsible for noting by hand on the A3 sheet the CA/PA, although as ever the difference between the two is fiercely debated.

------------------
Andy B
Old 22nd February 2000, 07:37 AM
Your Elsmar Cove Host

Registration Date: Jan 1996

Thanks Given to Others: 9,463
Thanked 5,161 Times in 3,278 Posts
Karma Power: 400
Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Quote:
Originally posted by Bryan:

During our ISO Audits we always seem to get a ding on our CAR/PAR system.
What did you get dinged for?

Old 22nd February 2000, 08:57 AM
LLamb
Unregistered Guest

Question

During our last third party audit, it was suggested that we add something to our CAR system and CAR form to include preventive action. What does anyone suggest or think about this. How can we add this in? Is it a requirement?
Old 22nd February 2000, 09:20 AM
LLamb
Unregistered Guest

Yin Yang

Perhaps my question is related to Bryan's original question; How do you generate PAR's from CAR's?
Old 22nd February 2000, 10:52 AM
Your Elsmar Cove Host

Registration Date: Jan 1996

Thanks Given to Others: 9,463
Thanked 5,161 Times in 3,278 Posts
Karma Power: 400
Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Marc is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Yin Yang

Preventive Action again rears its ugly head!

I would suggest we take a brief tour of What is a Preventive action.

Ley's look at:
http://Elsmar.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000016.html and
http://Elsmar.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000036.html and
http://Elsmar.com/ubb/Forum31/HTML/000000.html

In the 'old' days, you did a preventive action in a corrective action. It meant "What will you do to prevent this (or this type) of problem from recurring?" The definition has since widened a bit. But - read thru the links and let's see what questions arise.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Nonconformance and Corrective Action

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?