Elsmar Cove Forum Header Graphic The Elsmar Cove Wiki Sitemap More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar Cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
NQA-USA
Miner's MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Blog 
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Company Specific Forum(s) > DNV Client Forum
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Making the Transition to AS9100 Rev C.

Search the Elsmar Cove
Search Elsmar
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
as9100 - aerospace quality management systems

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 10th December 2008, 06:58 PM
WCHorn

Total Posts: 153
Please Help! Making the Transition to AS9100 Rev C.

I'm revising our internal audit procedure for an improvement unrelated to AS9100B requirements. I see that AS9100C will remove the bold typeface requirements for "Detailed tools and techniques ... " and "Internal audits shall also ... ".

Will our auditor declare a finding if I remove those requirements from our procedure after AS9100C is issued but before we are certified to AS9100C?

I just want to get a head start and not revise the procedure a second time when Rev C is issued.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 10th December 2008, 07:43 PM
Jeff Frost

Total Posts: 641
Re: Making the Transition to Rev C.

I would not make any changes to your procedures until you perform a gap analysis between your current Rev. B QMS to the requirements of AS9100C once it has been published. My feeling is that the driver for the your QMS migration should be Top Management via your management review process.

I have not heared of the formal migration plan for AS9100C from my registrar yet but I am sure it will be announced shortly after standards' publication. Having a documented (output from management review meeting) plan, should lessen any concerns your customers or registrar will have as your make your changes to the documentation.

Last edited by Jeff Frost; 11th December 2008 at 11:54 AM.
Thanks to Jeff Frost for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 10th December 2008, 10:45 PM
Sidney Vianna

Total Posts: 8,087
Re: Making the Transition to AS9100 Rev C.

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by WCHorn View Post

Will our auditor declare a finding if I remove those requirements from our procedure after AS9100C is issued but before we are certified to AS9100C?
If the audit criteria is Rev. B of AS9100, the auditor will expect to see conformity of the system against that specific version of AS9100.
Thank You to Sidney Vianna for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #4  
Old 11th December 2008, 12:02 PM
Jeff Frost

Total Posts: 641

Sidney has a very good point about which revision of the standard would be the audit criteria. It might be better to wait for your next scheduled surveillance audit to occur and then start implementing the migration to Rev. C.
  Post Number #5  
Old 11th December 2008, 04:07 PM
Randy

Total Posts: 8,275

You can't be audited, and you will not get registered to something that doesn't exist.
  Post Number #6  
Old 20th January 2009, 11:58 AM
Sidney Vianna

Total Posts: 8,087

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Jeff Frost View Post

Sidney has a very good point about which revision of the standard would be the audit criteria. It might be better to wait for your next scheduled surveillance audit to occur and then start implementing the migration to Rev. C.
Recently, I heard of a case where an auditor, by mistake, performed a stage 1 audit against a draft of AS9100 Rev. C. The issue ended up with a complaint to the CB. It is critical that audit criteria is well defined.
  Post Number #7  
Old 22nd September 2009, 07:55 PM
brandnew

Total Posts: 13
(time frame) Re: Making the Transition to AS9100 Rev C.

This may have been answered already....but as i'm new to AS9100 i see that the AS9100C standard has been published and the AS9101D is not available for purchase on the SAE website.

i've come across a timeline frame that indicates company's are to transition within 30 months of implementation. So as a company, although we need to prepare for Rev. C, if we want to get certified by early 2010, can we just go with Rev. B for now and then follow that with Rev. C?

thank you
  Post Number #8  
Old 22nd September 2009, 08:16 PM
howste

Total Posts: 4,142
Re: (time frame) Re: Making the Transition to AS9100 Rev C.

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by brandnew View Post

i've come across a timeline frame that indicates company's are to transition within 30 months of implementation. So as a company, although we need to prepare for Rev. C, if we want to get certified by early 2010, can we just go with Rev. B for now and then follow that with Rev. C?
Yes. The only version available for certification in early 2010 will be AS9100 rev B. It appears that the earliest that 9101 rev D could be published is November, so six months from then (May) would be earliest possible certification date for 9100 rev C.

I'm not going to hold my breath for the 9101 release though. It could certainly be delayed further.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Company Specific Forum(s) > DNV Client Forum

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?