EN 10204 type 3.1 question - Chinese Steel Mill Certificate

B

booman83

Hi, I have mill certificate of some chinese steel. But it does not state that it is in accordance with EN 10204 type 3.1. I am obligated to provide my customer type 3.1, am I right to assume that this certificate is in accordance to this standard if it fulfills the description of type 3.1?

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Hi, I have mill certificate of some chinese steel. But it does not state that it is in accordance with EN 10204 type 3.1. I am obligated to provide my customer type 3.1, am I right to assume that this certificate is in accordance to this standard if it fulfills the description of type 3.1?

It depends on (A) the nature of the "certificate," and (B) whatever customer requirements you might need to satisfy. If you have a test report that includes actual test results traceable to a heat (lot) of material, and the results comply fully with the requirements in the standard, the supplier has given what you asked for unless you have a requirement for the report to cite the standard. This would be expected in automotive work, for example.

R

Riverbend

If your customer is requiring conformance to the PED 97/23/EC, then the answer would be no, the MTR must state the EN10204 and the 3.1, or the previous 3.1.A. And the supplier must have a quality system certified by a competent body, established within the community, aka, an ISO 9000 cert or equal and have been registered by a notified body from Europe, such as a TUV. AKA/Trade Barrier, about like a CRN for Canada is.
This is from the PED annex 1, 4.3
Hope this helps,

Top Bottom