The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Aerospace and Aviation Standards and Requirements > EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements
Forum Username

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access

Click the graphic above.
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
faa (federal aviation administration), easa (european aviation safety agency), faa regulations and requirements

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 26th January 2009, 09:10 AM
Involved - Posts

Registration Date: Nov 2004

Thanks Given to Others: 48
Karma Power: 54
Angelika is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Angelika is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Angelika is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Angelika is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Angelika is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Angelika is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Angelika is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Angelika is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Angelika is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.
Please Help! EASA Part M - Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation

Hi,

we have a relatively new regulation here in Europe which is called Part M.
Organisations who want to be approved as a CAMO (Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation) are required to fulfill Subpart G of Part M, and Subpart I, only if they want to obtain the additional privilege to issue and extend airworthiness certificates.

A lot of NPA's (Noticed Proposed Amendments), CRD (Comment Response Documents) and, after all, an amendment of the initial regulation have been made to cover not only the needs of the commercial operators and the operators of large aircraft but also the privat operators and their small aircraft.

Some amendments are not yet quite clear to me and I am trying to find somebody to discuss them.

Therefore my questions to you:
Is Part M also part of the FAA-regulations?
Is there anybody in this forum who knows about Part M and is interested in discussing details on it in this forum?

Unfortunately, we do not have such a great forum on this side of the ocean and sometimes it is real hard work to find answers to questions.

Looking forward to your replies!
Angelika

Sponsored Links
Old 27th January 2009, 03:15 PM
Moderator here to help

Registration Date: Jan 2006

Thanks Given to Others: 941
Karma Power: 478
Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Re: EASA Part M - Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation

Any experts here in the Cove, that might be able to help here?

"The one thing I want to leave my children is an honorable name." "It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed." Theodore Roosevelt Chicago, IL, April 10, 1899
Sponsored Links

Old 30th January 2009, 02:14 AM
Registered Visitor

Thanks Given to Others: 15
Karma Power: 53
kiwisfly is appreciated, and has over 700 Karma points.kiwisfly is appreciated, and has over 700 Karma points.kiwisfly is appreciated, and has over 700 Karma points.kiwisfly is appreciated, and has over 700 Karma points.kiwisfly is appreciated, and has over 700 Karma points.kiwisfly is appreciated, and has over 700 Karma points.kiwisfly is appreciated, and has over 700 Karma points.

Hi Angelika,
I am no expert on EASA regulations but I went to a briefing recently on DOA and POA and CAMO was mentioned. My understanding is that it is for the organisation that manages the continuing airworthiness of the aircraft and therefore normally linked to the Part 119/121/135 Operating certificate.

It also separates the control of Maintenance (Part M) from the actual repair facility (Part 145). In many cases, the Part M organisation will also hold 145. You will note that the details of Part M is very much aligned to flight line maintenance and immediate compliance to AD's, and SB's etc..

As far as I know, there is no equivalent FAA regulation. I'm looking forward to others joining this thread as I need to understand more about it also.

Cheers
Thanks to kiwisfly for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 31st January 2009, 02:06 AM
Involved - Posts

Angelika is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Angelika is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Angelika is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Angelika is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Angelika is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Angelika is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Angelika is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Angelika is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Angelika is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.

Hi Kiwisfly,

thanks a lot for your reply. I had given up hoping that somebody outside Europe had ever heard about Part M!

In the meantime I do know quite a lot about Part M and my concerns were about a new privilege that allows the extension of the Airworthiness Review Certificate to such Part M organisations that do not hold the privilege i.a.w. Part M, Subpart I. After all, I found an answer even on this

It would be great to find some more cove members dealing with Part M and who are interested in sharing their experience with us.

Whenever I can be of any help, please let me know. I will be happy to share my knowledge with you and any others of this forum.

With lots of regards from the cold and snowy Germany,
Angelika
Old 4th February 2009, 07:56 PM
Involved in Discussions

Registration Date: Nov 2007

Thanks Given to Others: 1
Karma Power: 29
AEOS_QA has less than 100 Karma points so far.

Hi Angelika,

This forum has provided me with a lot of valuable information in aligning our QMS with AS9110 and I would be happy to participate in EASA discussions.
We are currently applying for EASA Part 145 component workshop approval and I am reviewing all the relevant European regs to try to combine our local (Australia) and EASA regulatory requirements into an integrated system.
I did accidently download a sample Part-M Maintenance Exposition which could be of value to you. There are a couple of different versions around the CAA website so just google "Anybody's Continuing Airworthiness Management Exposition (CAME)" and you should get some useful info if you don't already have it.

Phil
Thank You to AEOS_QA for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 5th February 2009, 01:33 AM
Involved - Posts

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by AEOS_QA View Post

Hi Angelika,

This forum has provided me with a lot of valuable information in aligning our QMS with AS9110 and I would be happy to participate in EASA discussions.
We are currently applying for EASA Part 145 component workshop approval and I am reviewing all the relevant European regs to try to combine our local (Australia) and EASA regulatory requirements into an integrated system.
I did accidently download a sample Part-M Maintenance Exposition which could be of value to you. There are a couple of different versions around the CAA website so just google "Anybody's Continuing Airworthiness Management Exposition (CAME)" and you should get some useful info if you don't already have it.

Phil

Hi Phil,

in the beginning of my "Part M-efforts" I also collected some exposition samples and I also know the one you mentioned. The CAA website is often a very helpful source! Thanks a lot anyway!

My main business has been consulting and training applicants or holders of organisations such as EASA Part 145, Part M, Part 21 Production and Part 21 Design Organisations (TC/STC/ETSO).

If you have any questions as to the approval of your 145 workshop, just let me know.

Looking forward to good discussions on EASA-regulations!

Angelika
Thanks to Angelika for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 5th February 2009, 03:28 PM
Moderator here to help

Thanks Given to Others: 941
Karma Power: 478
Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

I have moved these posts from the AS9100 Forum to the FAA Forum, since it specifically asking about FAA regulations. Another Moderator may move this to another forum.

"The one thing I want to leave my children is an honorable name." "It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed." Theodore Roosevelt Chicago, IL, April 10, 1899
Old 7th February 2009, 12:36 PM
Involved - Posts

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Coury Ferguson View Post

I have moved these posts from the AS9100 Forum to the FAA Forum, since it specifically asking about FAA regulations. Another Moderator may move this to another forum.
Thank you Coury.

I know that our "problems" are somewhat different from your's since the regulations are different.

Even if we are a minority in this forum, do you think there might be a chance to open an "EASA"-section for us? I did not find too many Europeans in this forum, only some from France and Great Britain, but apparently European legislation is also of interest for Australia and New Zealand.

Once again I would like to thank Marc, all the moderators and everybody participating in this forum. It is such a great forum and - I know I repeat myself - unfortunately, I couldn't find something similar in Europe. Thanks to the good job of you moderators, you have always managed to keep the contributions at a high level.

Hoping there will be some space for us "Europeans" and other interested parties soon!

Lots of regards,
Angelika

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Aerospace and Aviation Standards and Requirements > EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?