The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Medical Devices, Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics > Medical Device Related Regulations > Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide
Forum Username

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access

Click the graphic above.
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
instructions for use (ifu), labeling requirements, language requirements, saudi arabia, translations (languages), medical devices (general), labels and labeling (general)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 20th May 2009, 03:26 AM
Involved in Discussions

Registration Date: Apr 2008

Thanks Given to Others: 24
Karma Power: 28
NewRegMan has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Please Help! Mandatory Language Requirements Saudi Arabia

Hi guys,

I wonder if anyone knows the mandatory language requirements for Saudi Arabia (for label and display, safety instruction and IFU)?
Any idea will be highly appreciated. Since I've been working on an internal translation procedure, I might ask some more questions for other countries as well.

Thanks in advance!

Rgds,
Guido

Sponsored Links
Old 20th May 2009, 03:48 AM
'Quality' Comes First

Registration Date: Aug 2007

Thanks Given to Others: 53
Karma Power: 52
Sam4Quality is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Sam4Quality is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Sam4Quality is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Sam4Quality is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Sam4Quality is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Sam4Quality is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Sam4Quality is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Sam4Quality is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.Sam4Quality is appreciated, and has over 1100 Karma points.
Send a message via Yahoo to Sam4Quality
Re: Mandatory Language Requirements Saudi Arabia

Hi NEwRegMan:

I found this on google.

http://commerce.nic.in/trade/GCC%20N...i%20Arabia.doc.

It has something on Labelling and Marketing requirements.

Also,
http://www.fsis.usda.gov/regulations...ents/index.asp

Ciao.

Sincerely, SAM
"Thee findeth a solution and I promise thee to findeth another problem to mull...."
Thanks to Sam4Quality for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Sponsored Links

Old 21st May 2009, 04:31 AM
Appreciated Information Resource

Registration Date: Feb 2009

Thanks Given to Others: 246
Karma Power: 73
sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

Hii..

Sometime back, I have prepared a Regulatory Master List for most of the countires with product registrations requirements.

It may be of some use for you!! for afew countries, regulations might have changed. plz verify before using the same.

Regards
Sreenu
Attached Files: 1. Scan for viruses before using, 2. Please report any 'bad' files by Reporting this post, 3. Use at your Own Risk.
File Type: xls Regulatory Requirements Master Lsit.xls (121.5 KB, 350 views)
Thank You to sreenu927 for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 21st May 2009, 11:29 AM
Robots R Us

Registration Date: Dec 2005

Thanks Given to Others: 58
Karma Power: 60
Watchwait is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.Watchwait is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.Watchwait is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.Watchwait is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.Watchwait is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.Watchwait is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.Watchwait is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.Watchwait is appreciated, and has over 900 Karma points.

Sreenu, Thanks for the chart! Nicely organized. However I was unable to discern the label and DFU language requirements for any given country (I think that's what started this thread). Was I missing something?
Old 21st May 2009, 11:36 AM
Moderator here to help

Registration Date: Jan 2006

Thanks Given to Others: 941
Karma Power: 478
Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Coury Ferguson is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Watchwait View Post

Sreenu, Thanks for the chart! Nicely organized. However I was unable to discern the label and DFU language requirements for any given country (I think that's what started this thread). Was I missing something?
Not fully understanding the chart, I would guess that the Color code is the key.

"The one thing I want to leave my children is an honorable name." "It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed." Theodore Roosevelt Chicago, IL, April 10, 1899
Old 21st May 2009, 11:55 AM
Cross Forum Moderator

Registration Date: Jan 2005

Thanks Given to Others: 2,049
Thanked 5,974 Times in 3,809 Posts
Karma Power: 1529
Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Jim Wynne is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Coury Ferguson View Post

Not fully understanding the chart, I would guess that the Color code is the key.
The color code is explained on most (but not all) of the tabs in the workbook:

It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it. --Upton Sinclair
Thank You to Jim Wynne for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 21st May 2009, 09:56 PM
Appreciated Information Resource

Registration Date: Feb 2009

Thanks Given to Others: 246
Karma Power: 73
sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.sreenu927 is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

Thank Jim for identifying it and clarifying:-) I shall work on it again to update with the latest regulations, since India, Singapore have enforced medical device regulations.

Reg the IFU and label language requirements for Saudi, I tried to trace e-mail response form some authority from Saudi FDA, but I cudn;t get so, however, I remember, Arabic is a must along with English as per Saudi FDA regulations.

Regards
Sreenu
Old 25th May 2009, 01:53 AM
Involved in Discussions

Registration Date: Apr 2008

Thanks Given to Others: 24
Karma Power: 28
NewRegMan has less than 100 Karma points so far.

Thanks for the great help,

I will keep on searching for Saudi Arabia regulations but Arabic + English can not be wrong anyway.

Best regards,
Guido

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Medical Devices, Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics > Medical Device Related Regulations > Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?