The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO/TS 16949 - International Automotive Quality Systems Standard
Forum Username

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
Old 21st October 2009, 05:24 AM
Involved in Discussions

Registration Date: Oct 2005

Thanks Given to Others: 43
Karma Power: 38
vitortavares has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Please Help! The organization shall have internal auditors - 8.2.2.5 - Internal auditors

Hello covers

In the requirement 8.2.2.5 says that “The organization shall have internal auditors...”.

I know that this means that the organization shall have internal auditors that are qualified to perform internal audits to the QMS, manufacturer process and product according to the requirements of the TS, but my doubt is:

It’s desirable to have auditors that are also company workers or have internal auditors that are contracted to perform internal audits.

I hope that your opinions and experiences help me decide this matter.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 21st October 2009, 06:07 AM
Appreciated Information Resource

Registration Date: Mar 2008

Thanks Given to Others: 230
Karma Power: 249
qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.qusys is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Re: 8.2.2.5 - Internal auditors

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by vitortavares View Post

Hello covers

In the requirement 8.2.2.5 says that “The organization shall have internal auditors...”.

I know that this means that the organization shall have internal auditors that are qualified to perform internal audits to the QMS, manufacturer process and product according to the requirements of the TS, but my doubt is:

It’s desirable to have auditors that are also company workers or have internal auditors that are contracted to perform internal audits.

Thank you in advance.
Hi vitortavares,
in my external audit I saw some organization that have contracted internal audits to external auditing company, but these were organization ISO 9001 certified.
From ISO TS, it could be different, because internal audit, belongs to the company itself, shall also know customer requirements for the organziation business. So this kind if audit could not be deployed to external outsource.
Besides, one CSR of major automotive company ( Ford, Chrisler, GM) also required internal auditors qualified by an external body to perform internal audit.
Thanks to qusys for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Sponsored Links

Old 21st October 2009, 07:18 AM
Inactive Registered Visitor

Registration Date: Mar 2009

Thanks Given to Others: 12
Karma Power: 69
brahmaiah - 2010 is appreciated, and has over 500 Karma points.brahmaiah - 2010 is appreciated, and has over 500 Karma points.brahmaiah - 2010 is appreciated, and has over 500 Karma points.brahmaiah - 2010 is appreciated, and has over 500 Karma points.brahmaiah - 2010 is appreciated, and has over 500 Karma points.brahmaiah - 2010 is appreciated, and has over 500 Karma points.

Quote:

Hello covers

Thank you in advance.
Internal auditors should be be in the rolls of the organization.In small companies, properly trained TS3 auditors are difficult to get.A practical solution for this problem is to formally appoint a consultant with designation of Internal auditor on contract and carry out internal audit.
V.J.Brahmaiah

VJBrahmaiah
Old 21st October 2009, 12:22 PM
Cross Forum Moderator

Registration Date: May 2003

Thanks Given to Others: 3,161
Thanked 4,463 Times in 3,158 Posts
Karma Power: 1517
Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Stijloor is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by qusys View Post

<snip> For ISO/TS, it could be different, because internal audit, belongs to the company itself, shall also know customer requirements for the organziation business. So this kind if audit could not be deployed to external outsource. Besides, one CSR of major automotive company ( Ford, Chrysler, GM) also required internal auditors qualified by an external body to perform internal audit.
Not really, I perform internal audits for some of my ISO/TS 16949 certified Clients.
I am an AIAG Certified Supplier Auditor. It has never been an issue.

Stijloor.
Thank You to Stijloor for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 21st October 2009, 12:41 PM
Forum Moderator

Registration Date: Feb 2005

Thanks Given to Others: 4,312
Thanked 3,199 Times in 2,177 Posts
Karma Power: 833
AndyN is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.AndyN is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.AndyN is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
AndyN is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.AndyN is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.AndyN is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.AndyN is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Send a message via Skype™ to AndyN
Thumbs up Re: 8.2.2.5 - Internal auditors

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Stijloor View Post

Not really, I perform internal audits for some of my ISO/TS 16949 certified Clients.
I am an AIAG Certified Supplier Auditor. It has never been an issue.

Stijloor.
Excellent point, Jan. Many smaller suppliers in automotive - especially with the current economic stress can only use contracted auditors because often they have the knowledge of those tools CSRs etc.

'Cause you know sometimes words have two meanings.....
Old 21st October 2009, 01:00 PM
Post Responsibly

Registration Date: Oct 2001

Thanks Given to Others: 1,652
Thanked 4,965 Times in 2,566 Posts
Karma Power: 910
Sidney Vianna is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Sidney Vianna is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Sidney Vianna is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Sidney Vianna is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Sidney Vianna is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Sidney Vianna is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Sidney Vianna is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.Sidney Vianna is appreciated, and has over 1700 Karma points.
Re: The organization shall have internal auditors - 8.2.2.5 - Internal auditors

Quote:

Check the Your Internal Audit Team: Internal or Hired External? Outsourcing Internal Audits? thread.

There are pros and cons in outsourcing internal audits. If you do decide, however, to outsource internal audits, make sure that this outsourced process is adequately controlled, as required by the TS document.

Sustainable conformity assessment must add value to all stakeholders
Thanks to Sidney Vianna for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:18 PM
Registered Visitor

Registration Date: Oct 2002

Thanks Given to Others: 119
Karma Power: 51
Jan T has less than 100 Karma points so far.
Re: The organization shall have internal auditors - 8.2.2.5 - Internal auditors

Hi Guys;

You can do both. We are a small company and as such I have be trained as an internal auditor by our Registrar and we have an trained and certified external auditor come in and audit the areas that I am directly responsible for. This has never been a problem.

Regards
Jan

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO/TS 16949 - International Automotive Quality Systems Standard

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?