The Elsmar Cove Wiki More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
Miner's MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Blog   Elsmar.com Forum Home Page
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Quality Manager Issues > Customer Complaints including ISO 10002
Forum Username

Search the Elsmar Cove
Custom Search
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access

Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
log books and log sheets, records (evidence) and records control, forms and templates (general), customer complaints and customer found nonconformance

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 15th November 2001, 09:54 AM
JRKH

Thank You! Customer Complaint Form or Log

Hello All,

Need a form that my account managers can use to record customer complaints.

Anyone have a good one?

James
)

Sponsored Links
Old 15th November 2001, 11:09 AM
Jim Biz

BIG Smile

How many account managers? What's the normal number of complaints oh - say per month or year?

We're 9002 but use a spreadsheet - with appropriate headings (one less officially controlled/copied etc. form to mess with)
Attached Files: 1. Scan for viruses before using, 2. Please report any 'bad' files by Reporting this post, 3. Use at your Own Risk.
File Type: pdf Customer_Complaints_Register.pdf (75.5 KB, 679 views)
File Type: pdf Customer_Complaint _Log.pdf (48.3 KB, 629 views)
Thank You to Jim Biz for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Sponsored Links

Old 28th November 2001, 07:36 AM
Sporty

Customer Complaint Log

I need advice.
I am trying to implement a Customer Complaint log, which I believe will address 4.14.2.1. It came up in our last registration audit to TS16949, and we managed to squeak through saying our DMN list was our Customer Complaint log. I know that unless every single customer complaint results in a DMN, we are missing important calls.
One instance was a Quality Engineer here received a complaint, and thought she would just go to the floor and take care of it herself, and sure enough we received a PRR the next week for a repeat issue.
My boss here is against the log, saying an auditor would look at the log of hundreds of calls, (yes, it would be hundreds) and automatically assume we are having quality issues. My argument is that if each call is dispositioned, whether it resulted in an 8D, or design, or voided, or whatever, the auditor wouldn't care how many, as long as they were addressed properly.
How are other companies handling this requirement, or are you even using a complaint log?

Thanks!
Old 28th November 2001, 08:35 AM
Al Dyer

Sporty,

If you're getting hundreds of calls, something IS wrong!

A corrective action log does not have to note every call, depending on how your procedure is written you could log only formal complaints. (PRR's etc...)

Sorry, but it makes me shudder when you say hundreds of calls for complaints on your your product, and management wants to mask them?
Old 28th November 2001, 09:05 AM
Sporty

I didn't mean to scare you....I'm talking hundreds of calls by the end of a year. Most would be design issues.
We ship thousands of products daily, worldwide, unfortunately, we get calls daily.
We have a world class PPM, so there is no issue with our quality.
If we just log calls that become official "issues", and result in a PRR, then our DMN log would cover those, and no log would be needed at all.
By the way, I'm referring to the Customer Complaint log, not a corrective action log. I agree, if we had hundreds of corrective actions....there would be a problem.
Old 28th November 2001, 09:28 AM
Al Dyer

Sporty,

I see where you are coming from, but isn't every customer complaint leading to some type of corrective action.

I guess I'm trying yo say that there is no requirement to keep a log of all customer calls (complaints) but that if there is a formal complaint there needs to a formal corrective action.

Have a good day!
Old 28th November 2001, 11:40 AM
Marc

Yin Yang

I had a client a few years back whose sevivce manager about walked out of the first meeting. Same deal. Hundreds of calls a day. And of course there were other functional area representatives screaming IMPOSSIBLE! (logging every complaint)

The first thing to do is define what a complaint is. Usually that whittles things down to a reasonable level.
Old 7th August 2003, 01:48 PM
Marc

Also see Customer Complaint - Definition of Customer Complaint

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Quality Manager Issues > Customer Complaints including ISO 10002

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?