Customer Complaint Form or Log

J

JRKH

Hello All,

Need a form that my account managers can use to record customer complaints.

Anyone have a good one?

James
:))

J

Jim Biz

How many account managers? What's the normal number of complaints oh - say per month or year?

We're 9002 but use a spreadsheet - with appropriate headings (one less officially controlled/copied etc. form to mess with)

S

Sporty

Customer Complaint Log

I need advice.
I am trying to implement a Customer Complaint log, which I believe will address 4.14.2.1. It came up in our last registration audit to TS16949, and we managed to squeak through saying our DMN list was our Customer Complaint log. I know that unless every single customer complaint results in a DMN, we are missing important calls.
One instance was a Quality Engineer here received a complaint, and thought she would just go to the floor and take care of it herself, and sure enough we received a PRR the next week for a repeat issue.
My boss here is against the log, saying an auditor would look at the log of hundreds of calls, (yes, it would be hundreds) and automatically assume we are having quality issues. My argument is that if each call is dispositioned, whether it resulted in an 8D, or design, or voided, or whatever, the auditor wouldn't care how many, as long as they were addressed properly.
How are other companies handling this requirement, or are you even using a complaint log?

Thanks!
:)

A

Al Dyer

Sporty,

If you're getting hundreds of calls, something IS wrong!

A corrective action log does not have to note every call, depending on how your procedure is written you could log only formal complaints. (PRR's etc...)

Sorry, but it makes me shudder when you say hundreds of calls for complaints on your your product, and management wants to mask them?:(

S

Sporty

I didn't mean to scare you....I'm talking hundreds of calls by the end of a year. Most would be design issues.
We ship thousands of products daily, worldwide, unfortunately, we get calls daily.
We have a world class PPM, so there is no issue with our quality.
If we just log calls that become official "issues", and result in a PRR, then our DMN log would cover those, and no log would be needed at all.
By the way, I'm referring to the Customer Complaint log, not a corrective action log. I agree, if we had hundreds of corrective actions....there would be a problem.

A

Al Dyer

Sporty,

I see where you are coming from, but isn't every customer complaint leading to some type of corrective action.

I guess I'm trying yo say that there is no requirement to keep a log of all customer calls (complaints) but that if there is a formal complaint there needs to a formal corrective action.

Have a good day!

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I had a client a few years back whose sevivce manager about walked out of the first meeting. Same deal. Hundreds of calls a day. And of course there were other functional area representatives screaming IMPOSSIBLE! (logging every complaint)

The first thing to do is define what a complaint is. Usually that whittles things down to a reasonable level.

D

dhartmann

Hi, I have a question regarding ISO 13485. Do customer complaint or CAPA logs need to be controlled forms?:agree:

Top Bottom