Elsmar Cove Quality and Medical Device Discussions

The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > National and International Business System Standards > Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

ASME NQA-1-1994 Standard Supplement 17S-1: Dual Storage

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Standards Organization - ISO Standards and Information

Atul's
Quality Forum Online

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Related Topic Tags
asme (american society of mechanical engineers), nuclear (general), nqa-1 (nuclear quality assurance system requirements)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:36 AM
tenaciusgordon

Total Posts: 4
Please Help! ASME NQA-1-1994 Standard Supplement 17S-1: Dual Storage

Hello,

I have a problem with this Sumplement because of I am using ASME NQA-1:2000 and my customer is using ASME NQA-1:1994.

I have been reading ASME NQA-1:2000 Requirement 7, subpart 2.7....and I haven't found where is described the dual storage.

Somebody knows if dual storage is described in NQA-1:2000? and where?

Thanks

Regrads

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 30th December 2009, 09:18 AM
harry

Total Posts: 6,273
Re: ASME NQA-1-1994 Standard Supplement 17S-1: Dual Storage

This is a comparison matrix for the different versions of NQA standard found through googling. Not sure if you can find your answers there.
Attached Files: 1. Scan for viruses before using, 2. Please report any 'bad' files by Reporting this post, 3. Use at your Own Risk.
File Type: pdf NQA-1 Revision Comparison Matricies.pdf (2.11 MB, 141 views)
Thanks to harry for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 31st December 2009, 10:53 AM
Marc

Total Posts: 25,118

Thanks, Harry!
  Post Number #4  
Old 10th January 2010, 11:46 AM
Norm Moreau

Total Posts: 32

This is a question that comes up quite often. In 1997 the NQA-1 committee decided to move to a more performance-based standard. This meant that a lot of the detailed requirements that were in the 1994/95 edition of the standard were moved to the subparts. In the case 17S-1 was moved to 17A-1, which made it a nonmandatory appendix. The problem that this caused is that many organizations have ignored the NRC and industry accepted practices found in the subparts like 17A-1 and choose other methods of implementation.

So to answer your question directly, if your customer is meeting the requirements of an earlier edition, which in your case means they probably have a license from the NRC, then you must also meet that requirement even though your program does not require it. In fact if you were to look at a newer version of the standard, e.g., 2008 with the 2009 addendum you will find the dual storage language back in Part I (Requirement 17). Hope this helps.
Thank You to Norm Moreau for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #5  
Old 16th January 2014, 12:24 PM
redbird

Total Posts: 1

I need to view the file mentioned below named NQA-1 Revision Comparison Matricies but when tried to download it said the file was damaged. Can anyone share this item with me in a usable format?
  Post Number #6  
Old 16th January 2014, 12:34 PM
Marc

Total Posts: 25,118

The file name is "NQA-1 Revision Comparison Matricies.pdf"

I have downloaded it and it opens correctly. It is not damaged.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > National and International Business System Standards > Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements