Elsmar Cove Forum Header Graphic The Elsmar Cove Wiki Sitemap More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar Cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
NQA-USA
Miner's MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Blog 
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Aerospace and Aviation Standards and Requirements > AS9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements
Forum Username

Wooden Line

AS9102 FAI Bubble Drawings

Search the Elsmar Cove
Search Elsmar
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Sponsor Links

Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
aerospace certifications, first article inspection (fai), drawing (also see prints)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 29th January 2010, 03:54 PM
CompositeGeekQC

Total Posts: 9
Please Help! AS9102 FAI Bubble Drawings

I've had a request to provide bubble drawings along with a First Article Inspection and I'm not entirely sure what all that entails? Any guidance on how to produce these would be much appreciated. Examples, input, procedure, et cetera...Thanks.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 29th January 2010, 04:02 PM
BadgerMan

Total Posts: 698
Re: AS9102 FAI Bubble Drawings

It's just a marked up drawing to show how the design characterisitics (dimensions, notes, etc.) correlate with the items noted/listed on your FAI form. As an example, if you have a .5 dimension listed several places on your FAI form, you need the "bubble drawing" to know which individual characterisitic on the drawing it is refering to.

Last edited by BadgerMan; 29th January 2010 at 04:18 PM.
Thanks to BadgerMan for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 29th January 2010, 04:16 PM
CompositeGeekQC

Total Posts: 9

Well, in that case I understand completely. I suppose I've just never heard it referenced as a "bubble drawing." Thank you!
  Post Number #4  
Old 29th January 2010, 04:21 PM
BadgerMan

Total Posts: 698

Yeah, I have always called them "balloon drawings".

You are welcome.
  Post Number #5  
Old 29th January 2010, 04:23 PM
alspread

Total Posts: 186

Don't forget to "balloon" the specs too.

By the way, there is software out there designed specifically for this.

Do a web search for a software called DISCUS for numbering prints.

Good luck
  Post Number #6  
Old 29th January 2010, 04:25 PM
TMSQAM

Total Posts: 18
Let Me Help You Re: AS9102 FAI Bubble Drawings

Attached is a written procedure we have for bubbling a drawing. You do not mention the requirements for the 1st article however. Does it have to be in accordance with AS9102 (Aerospace Standard)? There is a lot more to this if that is the case.
Attached Files: 1. Scan for viruses before using, 2. Please report any 'bad' files by Reporting this post, 3. Use at your Own Risk.
File Type: doc WI 4.2-002 Rev.0 QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTION RECORD.doc (60.5 KB, 858 views)
Thanks to TMSQAM for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #7  
Old 29th January 2010, 04:33 PM
TMSQAM

Sorry, I see you are talking AS9102. Do you have the correct forms? If not, you will have to purchase them (copywrited)

Go to:

http://www.sae.org/technical/standards/AS9102A
  Post Number #8  
Old 29th January 2010, 04:39 PM
TMSQAM

One other thing you must do:

If you have a char such as .500 R 10X specified on the drawing, you have to list all 10 as individual char in the report, i.e., .500 R (1), .500 R (2), etc. 10X. In other words, they want to see that actual measured value for each radius.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > Aerospace and Aviation Standards and Requirements > AS9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?