Elsmar Cove Forum Header Graphic The Elsmar Cove Wiki Sitemap More Free Files The Elsmar Cove Forums Discussion Thread Index Post Attachments Listing Failure Modes Services and Solutions to Problems Elsmar Cove Forums Main Page Elsmar Cove Home Page
NQA-USA
NQA-USA
Miner's MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Blog 
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO 19011 - Auditing Quality and Environmental Management Systems > ISO 19011 *and* ALL other Auditing Discussions
Forum Username

Wooden Line

Need questions and answers for the IRCA Lead Auditor exam

Search the Elsmar Cove
Search Elsmar
Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Follow Marc & Elsmar
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed  Marc Smith's Google+ Page  Marc Smith's Linked In Page   Marc Smith's Elsmar Cove YouTube Page  Marc Smith's Facebook Page  Elsmar Cove Twitter Feed
Elsmar Cove Groups
Elsmar Cove Google+ Group  Elsmar Cove LinkedIn Group  Elsmar Cove Facebook Group
Donate and $ Contributor Forum Access
Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

Howard's
International Quality Services
Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting
Bob Doering's
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook
IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors
SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers
Quality Digest Portal
IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology
ASQ - American Society for Quality

Related Topic Tags
lead auditor course, training materials

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 24th February 2010, 08:50 AM
israr ahmed

Total Posts: 1
Thank You! Need questions and answers for the IRCA Lead Auditor exam

I am new user for this site.
I have done IRCA lead auditor course but got only attended certificate, to get a successful certificate, I want to sit for exam again, I want some question and answer for the lead auditor exam.

Last edited by Stijloor; 24th February 2010 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Typo.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 24th February 2010, 09:08 PM
Randy

Total Posts: 8,273
Re: Need questions and answers for the IRCA Lead Auditor exam

Won't happen, those things are copywrited.

My suggestion is to crack the books and study because they're are not going to just give you a certificate, you're going to have to earn it.
Thanks to Randy for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 24th February 2010, 09:36 PM
Marc

Total Posts: 24,472

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Randy View Post

My suggestion is to crack the books and study because they're are not going to just give you a certificate, you're going to have to earn it.
Can you recommend any books?

Are there any study guides out there for the IRCA lead auditor course that have example questions and such? I didn't find any off hand, but of course there are plenty of companies which give Lead Auditor courses (for a fee, of course).
  Post Number #4  
Old 25th February 2010, 12:48 AM
Randy

Total Posts: 8,273

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Marc View Post

Are there any study guides out there for the IRCA lead auditor course that have example questions and such? I didn't find any off hand, but of course there are plenty of companies which give Lead Auditor courses (for a fee, of course).
Yep, I sure can....The Standard for the course he took, and the course materials he was provided. A good portion of an IRCA exam requires reasoning skill and that is something you cannot study for. The exam is also open book so some of the correct answers for many of the potential questions he already has in his possession.
Thank You to Randy for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #5  
Old 25th February 2010, 01:02 AM
bio_subbu

Total Posts: 596

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Marc View Post

The following ASQ books are my recommendation

1. The ASQ Auditing Handbook, Third Edition
2. The Management System Auditor's Handbook
3. Quality Audits for Improved Performance, Third Edition
4. Fundamentals of Quality Auditing
5. After the Quality Audit: Closing the Loop on the Audit Process, Second Edition
6. Internal Quality Auditing
7. Juran's Quality Handbook, Fifth Edition
8. The Internal Auditing Pocket Guide, Second Edition
9. Auditing Pocket Guide Collection
10. ISO 9001:2008 Internal Audits Made Easy, Third Edition
11. How to Audit the Process-Based QMS

For more books related to auditing refer here
Thank You to bio_subbu for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #6  
Old 25th February 2010, 05:11 AM
Colin

Total Posts: 1,403

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Randy View Post

Yep, I sure can....The Standard for the course he took, and the course materials he was provided. A good portion of an IRCA exam requires reasoning skill and that is something you cannot study for. The exam is also open book so some of the correct answers for many of the potential questions he already has in his possession.
I fully agree with you on this Randy. In addition, the organisation should offer to provide detailed feedback on the areas where someone failed and be able to point the person in the right direction.

Most often, I find that those who do fail need some exposure to real audits so if they can tag along on some they will improve considerably.
Thanks to Colin for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #7  
Old 25th February 2010, 07:26 PM
howste

Total Posts: 4,142

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by israr ahmed View Post

I am new user for this site.
I have done IRCA lead auditor course but got only attended certificate, to get a successful certificate, I want to sit for exam again, I want some question and answer for the lead auditor exam.
Hi Israr, welcome to the Cove Forums.

If IRCA is similar to RABQSA, each course provider creates their own exams. The exam format for each provider can vary widely. Even if someone were to provide the questions/answers to an actual exam (highly unlikely, probably illegal, and surely unethical), it probably wouldn't help much unless it was specific to your own course provider.

Are you asking for some examples similar to the questions/answers on an exam as a study aid? What format are the questions you're looking for?
  Post Number #8  
Old 26th February 2010, 05:29 AM
Colin

Total Posts: 1,403

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by howste View Post

Hi Israr, welcome to the Cove Forums.

If IRCA is similar to RABQSA, each course provider creates their own exams. The exam format for each provider can vary widely. Even if someone were to provide the questions/answers to an actual exam (highly unlikely, probably illegal, and surely unethical), it probably wouldn't help much unless it was specific to your own course provider.

Are you asking for some examples similar to the questions/answers on an exam as a study aid? What format are the questions you're looking for?
The IRCA exams used to be like that years ago but they are now standard. There are 4 'real' exams and 1 specimen paper. The specimen is used during the course to prepare the delegates for the real exam by familiarising them with the style of questions and the methods of marking.

1 of the 4 exams is chosen (not by the tutor) and used for the end of course exam. Delegates are allowed to re-sit once and it must be a different paper but with the organisation that ran the course.
Thank You to Colin for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Forum > ISO (International Organization for Standardization) Standards > ISO 19011 - Auditing Quality and Environmental Management Systems > ISO 19011 *and* ALL other Auditing Discussions

Do you find this discussion thread helpful and informational?